MidSouth Garrison
code74

Trooper recruit possibly?

This is long past due, as I requested access to this forum last month but due to work and moving have not had a chance to come back to this.

My name is Joe Weber, new to Knoxville, TN. Was going to get a sandtrooper kit last year prior to moving from Maryland and had originally contacted the old line garrison there about help with selecting a kit, the build, etc. However, life got a bit jumbled and now we’re somewhat settled.

Have wanted to do this ever since seeing the the original Star Wars in the theater. Now at 45 I definitely don’t want to waste any more time thinking and spend that time doing.

That said i have found numerous kits on Etsy and elsewhere but do not know what would be or not be 501st approved. Any suggestions/guidance would be greatly appreciated. I also have a 3/4 scale r2 unit I’m trying to finish but lack the skills in the electronics to finish him if anyone more local would be interested in helping me with that as well. Looking forward to meeting some of you and hopefully joining up with the 501st to bring smiles to kids and adults alike in some of your fundraising events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Repentance said, the place to start is the FISD Whitearmor forum. Read through all of the Getting Started pinned posts, and find build threads and pre-approval requests for the specific armor kit you’re seeking to build. You can find good soft goods (holsters, neck seals, etc.) on Etsy, but you’ll need to choose one of the vetted vendors for your armor.

I too am starting my build in the next month or two, and am going for an A New Hope (ANH) Stormtrooper (TK) stunt build with armor from ATA. I’m shooting for Centurion status from the beginning, and actually just made my first post on this forum today (you’ll find it in the introduction area).

Looking forward to following your progress, and becoming Troopers together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk