MidSouth Garrison
zanruos

hello 501st

hello every one  i hope i am doing thi rigght XD my name is johann cleveland , i live in clarksville tn, i found out about this group form a friend of mine ,   i was told to make a n account on here to hunt don a costume vender near me for a clone trooper Armour and some other favorite star wars costume, i love the work u all do in this legion hope u can keep up the good work, i m part perminate volunteer staff in mtac (middle tn anime convention) and also i run the middle tn gunpla group clarksville branch were i do meeting for gundam models were u come in build models ranging from gunpla to bandia starwars. i also make very ameture costume maker no were good to the amazign work of the members here

Welcome to FISD! There aren’t many reputable armorers, so you’ll likely need to have some shipped to you. A list of vetted armor providers can be found on the “Getting Started” section of this forum.

If you’re really intent on staying local, I would suggest joining the forum for the Midsouth Garrison of the 501st, which covers Tennessee. Perhaps somebody from the Nashville area near you could provide personalized assistance. =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/30/2019 at 12:21 AM, MaskedVengeance said:

Welcome to FISD! There aren’t many reputable armorers, so you’ll likely need to have some shipped to you. A list of vetted armor providers can be found on the “Getting Started” section of this forum.

If you’re really intent on staying local, I would suggest joining the forum for the Midsouth Garrison of the 501st, which covers Tennessee. Perhaps somebody from the Nashville area near you could provide personalized assistance. =)

Hi Johann,

Mostly, what Caleb said.  However, this is the correct location for the MidSouth Garrison, so you are already in the correct place as a recruit here.  Chattanooga has a squad within the MidSouth Garrison (MSG for short).  Clarksville does not have a squad within the garrison, but is part of the MSG as a whole.  The Nashville area (Davidson Co. and all the counties directly bordering it) are in the Music City Squad... (MCS if you see it abbreviated) but you would certainly be able to join the Nashville troopers for any events closer to Nashville.  All of these are part of the MidSouthG Garrison.  :)

However, we also have events here and there directly in Clarksville.  These should be in the general Events section of the forum in the section labeled "MidSouth Garrison Events".  As they are submitted to us, I am usually the individual posting the ones for Clarksville.  Check back soon, and often.  I try to add them ASAP to help give time for the trooper roster to build up.  There are a handful of troopers between MSG and the Rebel Legion that live in or around Clarksville, but you are welcomed to join us at most events as a helper or handler until you have your approved costume.  A few events require troopers have approved costumes and/or have limits on attendance, but most are opened to helpers/handlers to join in on the fun.  MCS events have there own section in the events section, as does Chattanooga, Memphis, and Knoxville areas if you don't mind the drive to them for their more local events. 

If you want to, you could even look at the Kentucky Garrison if it is convenient for you.  You could join their forum as well ...and once you get your costume finished, pick the one you would identify (or troop with) most as your home garrison.  You can still attend events in the other, and we will often share events that are close by another garrison.  Many of them joined us for recent events not too long ago in Nashville and Franklin.  Their link is https://www.bluegrassgarrison.com/

Welcome to the party.  :)

Hi Johann,

Mostly, what Caleb said.  However, this is the correct location for the MidSouth Garrison, so you are already in the correct place as a recruit here.  Chattanooga has a squad within the MidSouth Garrison (MSG for short).  Clarksville does not have a squad within the garrison, but is part of the MSG as a whole.  The Nashville area (Davidson Co. and all the counties directly bordering it) are in the Music City Squad... (MCS if you see it abbreviated) but you would certainly be able to join the Nashville troopers for any events closer to Nashville.  All of these are part of the MidSouthG Garrison. 

Haha. Oops. This is what I get for accessing the FISD, Midsouth, and Georgia forums all in one place via Tapatalk on my phone. I didn’t realize this post was already in the Midsouth forum. Looking forward to trooping with you all once I complete my own TK build!

Caleb

1 minute ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Haha. Oops. This is what I get for accessing the FISD, Midsouth, and Georgia forums all in one place via Tapatalk on my phone. I didn’t realize this post was already in the Midsouth forum. Looking forward to trooping with you all once I complete my own TK build!

Caleb

No problem.  Glad I could help.  :)  I thought maybe the squad vs garrison details might have been a little hazy, but that makes sense too.  Multi-posting can get us dizzy sometimes.   :dance: