skitchie

Prospective 501st member out of Nashville reaching out!

Hello,

New guy here! My name's Dixon, based out of Nashville. I'm looking to suit up and join you folks in the MSG. Haven't picked a first kit yet, but I'm leaning towards a good ol fashioned TK (stunt) from ATA. I am curious though--are there any kits that are "missing", i.e. more are needed of? Thanks in advance and looking forward to meeting you in the future.

-Dixon

Can't go wrong with an ATA kit and no such thing as too many TKs.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Like David said, you can't go wrong with too many TKs. We have a pretty good mix of troopers so do what speaks to you!

Welcome aboard! I saw your looking to do a stunt TK. My good buddy AKc1003 (Andy) has a killer TK I’m sure he’d love to give you some guidance. Send him a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dixon! I, too, have just started my foray into joining the 501st, and am hoping to get my ATA kit in the next month or so. I’m located just outside of Chattanooga, and am also doing the ANH TK Stunt. If you haven’t already, I’d recommend joining the FISD forums, as there are TONS of folks there to help you along the way!

Caleb

5 hours ago, Vaderniner said:

Welcome aboard! I saw your looking to do a stunt TK. My good buddy AKc1003 (Andy) has a killer TK I’m sure he’d love to give you some guidance. Send him a PM.

Awesome, I'll be sure to reach out.

5 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Hi Dixon! I, too, have just started my foray into joining the 501st, and am hoping to get my ATA kit in the next month or so. I’m located just outside of Chattanooga, and am also doing the ANH TK Stunt. If you haven’t already, I’d recommend joining the FISD forums, as there are TONS of folks there to help you along the way!

Caleb

Hey! Yeah, I've done most of the research and whatnot pre-build wise,  at this point I'm just waiting to pull the trigger financially on the suit and whatnot. Super pumped!

Welcome.  I have a walts trooper factory kit and I love it

Well folks it's official! TK Kit's been ordered from Paul over across the pond at TM. Won't be here in time for Christmas but it's no biggie--more time I get to study up and stock up for the journey ahead.

I'm admittedly nervous, I've never done handy work save for a couple of pinewood derby cars back in the cub scout days. The biggest challenge will for sure be the fitting (I'm a good height for the kits at around 5'10" but much skinnier, so trimming's gonna be the name of the game). I have a feeling the heat gun's gonna be getting ran through its paces, haha!

My girlfriend has agreed to help me through all of this so combined we make up a total of approximately one reasonably knowledgeable kit builder.

Looking forward to the future, can't wait!!

Sweet brother, it will be awesome trooping with you. If you love mingling with others, and bringing smiles to young and old alike, then your going to really enjoy the opportunities to do so. Welcome brother, and MTFBWY

Sweet brother, it will be awesome trooping with you. If you love mingling with others, and bringing smiles to young and old alike, then your going to really enjoy the opportunities to do so. Welcome brother, and MTFBWY

Thank you man! Wanted to do this back in high school but never had the resources to do so. So so glad to be able to get started.

Side question, I see the occasional mention of handlers, is there any possibility of someone kitless like me helping out with handler duties on troops? I'd love to help out while I'm still in the process of building the kit, and I doubt there's any better way to get a perspective on how a finished kit should look in person.

Absolutely brother, my wife tags along with me all the time. It’s awesome to have her around, and she helps me get dressed faster and looking movie quality all the time. From what I notice from my brother Andy, the TK has a lot of pieces and can be a little challenging at times. So having a handler helps out tremendously.

Absolutely brother, my wife tags along with me all the time. It’s awesome to have her around, and she helps me get dressed faster and looking movie quality all the time. From what I notice from my brother Andy, the TK has a lot of pieces and can be a little challenging at times. So having a handler helps out tremendously.

Fantastic!! Thanks, looking forward to getting to work/troop with yall

Excellent choice!  We can always use more ground pounders...  Looking forward to seeing the progress and seeing you out there, trooper!

Excellent choice!  We can always use more ground pounders...  Looking forward to seeing the progress and seeing you out there, trooper!

Thanks! The feeling's 100% mutual