MidSouth Garrison
Sign in to follow this  
Star Warrior

Newbie in Knoxville

Hey everyone! 

My name is Russ Connelly and (obviously) I’m really wanting to join the Midsouth Garrison. I own several Rubies costumes but REALLY wanted to step it up a few notches by getting my first set of Anovos TK armor which I’ll be getting THIS WEEK and then acquire the orange pauldron and pouches and convert it to a Heavy Weapons Trooper costume. I know traditional TK armor is usually shiny and pristine, but I was wondering if HWT armor can be a little “dirty” and still be considered screen accurate? I just love weathered look of sandtrooper armor and was wondering if it’s acceptable to apply that same (lightly) weathered look to a HWT costume?

The more I researched about the 501st and all the charitable causes they participate in I knew it was something I really wanted to become a part of. I want to help bring smiles, joy, awe, and wonderment to kids and give them that same everlasting feeling that I had in 1977 that left a 40+ year impact on me. 

Russ

Welcome!

The HWT can be lightly "scuffed up", but not dirty per se as would a Sand Trooper. The weathering I usually see is a cloudy dark grey or black color as opposed to the brownish dirty/sandy color used for the TD. See the CRL below for the official Legion description (for Level 2 certification) ;

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_hwt

I would recommend if you haven't already to check out and register on the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (FISD) page for more reference and tips;

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

Again, welcome and good luck!

That is great advice to go with a grey-ish color instead. I’m just wanting to attain an esthetically realistic look like the armor is battle worn, but not TOO worn, like you you stated. 

I slso have have a question regarding the HWT backpack. Is the antenna allowed, or no? I’ve read on whitearmor.com where some people say it’s ok, some say it’s not or depends on the local garrison. 

Just want to know if you think the antenna on the backpack is acceptable? 

0D75BB02-D34A-4D1C-8CF7-3005558BADF0.jpeg

8778441B-98A9-4210-A90C-D9F8EA3EF3F7.jpeg

099781DA-4EFF-4E66-A753-FC7EAAAC5702.jpeg

Edited by Star Warrior

On 1/5/2020 at 2:57 PM, Star Warrior said:

That is great advice to go with a grey-ish color instead. I’m just wanting to attain an esthetically realistic look like the armor is battle worn, but not TOO worn, like you you stated. 

I slso have have a question regarding the HWT backpack. Is the antenna allowed, or no? I’ve read on whitearmor.com where some people say it’s ok, some say it’s not or depends on the local garrison. 

Just want to know if you think the antenna on the backpack is acceptable? 

0D75BB02-D34A-4D1C-8CF7-3005558BADF0.jpeg

8778441B-98A9-4210-A90C-D9F8EA3EF3F7.jpeg

099781DA-4EFF-4E66-A753-FC7EAAAC5702.jpeg

Welcome. I am the Squad Leader for Knox Eisley Squad. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. admittedly these threads aren't viewed super frequently, if you want you can email me at Mau5trooper@gmail.com or PM me on here.

My advice as a former GML as for the antennae, if it is not in the CRL i would leave it off if possible, and then add it on if you want after you are approved, just to be safe. If it's already attached you can try submitting with it on just don't hate on the GML if they bring it up as a revision ;) Best bet is to follow the CRL until approved, better to not risk it, especially if its something that can easily be added on if you want it later.