MidSouth Garrison

Looking for people in the Tri-Cities area to connect with to discuss building a costume and finally becoming an approved member.  Seems like most everyone here is 2+hrs. away from me. And there are never any events held around me that I have known the 501st to attend. Wondering if it would be better to join Garrison Tyrannus.  I live in Bristol, TN. and Bristol, VA. is one mile away from me.  But, then again the closest detachment is in Roanoke, 2hrs away as well.  Maybe there should be a Tri-Cities detachment for people from both sides of the State Street.

• Like 1

Hey!!!! Ok you are in luck!! The Tricities area is really growing!! We have probably 20 within JC, Kingsport, Bristol, Elizabethton.
We also have a private FB group just for folks in our area. Look for a group called Plastic Spacemen on FB and request to join.
Lots of armor parties, and tons of 501st events right here in our back door!!

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

What costume were you thinking about? Pretty much whatever it is, we have folks here who can help. If it's a TK or Jawa I can help.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Ya know there are a few of us in the tricities.there is an upcoming armor party on the 21st in Bristol VA off of exit 7. PM for details.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.  Good to know I'm not alone in the area.

I was really wanting to start small and make a Scanning Crew uniform.  I, like most people, am having a hard time finding the right set of coveralls.  My girlfriend can sew and I was wondering if there was a pattern out there that I could get her to follow.  It would be GREAT if there were a thread with links to find some of the basic items we need to get started.  All I could find was the tread telling me where NOT to buy them.  This is why I gave up on it the first go around.  I would also like to try and make as many items as I can on my own.  I would love to make my own belt boxes and actually have them able to store things in them.
I also noticed, and now have read, that the Imperial arm patch in ANH is printed on vinyl.  Any ideas on how I can get my hands on those?

BT-445 (2).png

On 2/7/2020 at 1:31 PM, Drakken said:

Thanks guys.  Good to know I'm not alone in the area.

I was really wanting to start small and make a Scanning Crew uniform.  I, like most people, am having a hard time finding the right set of coveralls.  My girlfriend can sew and I was wondering if there was a pattern out there that I could get her to follow.  It would be GREAT if there were a thread with links to find some of the basic items we need to get started.  All I could find was the tread telling me where NOT to buy them.  This is why I gave up on it the first go around.  I would also like to try and make as many items as I can on my own.  I would love to make my own belt boxes and actually have them able to store things in them.
I also noticed, and now have read, that the Imperial arm patch in ANH is printed on vinyl.  Any ideas on how I can get my hands on those?

Welcome

If Wampa Wear is sold out you can get a grey set of coveralls I think from Redcap. they aren't to hard to modify add some pockets on the sleeve and change the collar, add some cogs and you're basically done. Just something to think about, if you do the same costume but in black, it can be upgrade and changed around to do like 5 different suits in the legion. The grey could also be used to do an AT-ST driver if you stick with it.

29366470_174104760056248_8451401027457908736_n.jpg