TK-Z

Hello, from a new transfer

Hello, new brothers and sisters of the Midsouth (is it spelled that way, or is it MidSouth?)  My name is Ron Zill, and I will soon be relocating from the Great Lakes Garrison in Michigan.  (I've already undergone the procedure to change my affiliation, so I am officially listed in the Midsouth as per my 501st profile).  For the first 48+ years of my life, I've lived in Royal Oak, MI (Detroit area), but I will soon be moving to Knoxville (I begin my new job in early November).  

My ID is TK-82611, specifically as an ANH Stunt trooper.  I've been in the 501st for less than two years, but trooped over 70 events during that time.

I've been a teacher for nearly 20 years, but I am moving on to a new career at the Y-12 complex in Oak Ridge, working in Building Services.  I've visited TN many times, as my best friend has lived here for a long time, my sister and her family for a shorter time, as well as my mother moving here after the passing of my father about 10 years ago.  It's time for me to leave MI, and make Tennessee my new home.  I can't say I will miss the winters!  I have no family of my own, but I am one of those people whose dog is like my child.

Once the pandemic is over, I look forward to trooping regularly again, and getting to know you in person.

Thanks, and May the Force Be With You.  :D

Walking Carina.JPG

• Like 1

Hey hey! Welcome to the MSG (People capitalize it both ways haha)

I'll get your access fixed up so you can see the rest of the boards.

• Like 1

Welcome!  Michigan is part of my travel territory(when travel was permitted anyway...) and I would usually stay over in the Troy area but always made my way over to the bars/restaurants in Royal Oak.  Welcome to the MSG, we're glad to have ya!

• Like 1

Welcome to the MSG! My brother lives in Michigan and I'm sure that you will be a lot happier in TN during the winter months. Lol.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 1:00 PM, Akc1003 said:

Welcome to the MSG! My brother lives in Michigan and I'm sure that you will be a lot happier in TN during the winter months. Lol.

Reason #1 for moving is my family... reasons #2-100 are winter related!

• Haha 2