Business first I guess... lol

* Your real, full name - Crystal Bass

* Any 501st or RL affliation(s) - Florida Garrison, Tampa Bay Squad & CO of Ra Kura Base Florida RL

* Your location - Sarasota but Nashville before Christmas

* How you learned about us, - I think this one is obvious :lol:

* Why you are requesting access to the MidSouth Garrison discussion board:

The why part is a little longer... I work for Comcast Spotlight and they have decided to consolidate all of their ad programming/coordinating positions to Atlanta. I dont think I would work well with the folks in Atlanta and taking a paycut to go work in the cable side of the business (versus programming cable advertising comcast sells via Spotlight) I'd rather move to the other location places are consolidating to in the south east , Nashville.

My previous boss here got promoted to head of ad traffic in Nashville and I really enjoyed working with her, and she has a place for me there, and I'm going to take it... So I'll be joining your garrison between November and December, sometime before my current job ceases to exist on Dec. 2nd lol

Its worked out so that my boyfriend, Chad (also a member, but kinda shy and more of a lurker) can transfer as well through his company or look at doing something for spotlight possibly too, so Nashville gains two members soon...

Our SWs related costumes are Boba Fett ROTJ, Sandtrooper, TIE pilot and Crew 501st wise and X-Wing Pilot and Endor Commando RL wise for me (just sold my gunner helmet ;) ) and Chad brings his Biker Scout 501st wise, and his A-Wing Pilot, Endor Commando, and a 90% completed Fleet Trooper. We're also both members of KTB.

Looking forward to being much closer to mountains than Florida and back to being able to see four distinct seasons. I will miss a lot of stuff too, but I hope my new home will be just as awesome. Its maybe kind of a delayed trade of sorts since Florida got HippieTrooper some time ago... now MSG get the Wolfie. (and her patch collection :lol: )

We'll be at Dragon*Con if anyone who I haven't met yet would like to meet up for a Guinness!

On a non-SWs angle, I am a huge hockey fan and I'm crushed to leave my Bolts behind (though I'm also a Flyers fan) and I am also crushed to not be able to play ice hockey with the MsConducts any more, so if anyone can point me in the direction of a co-ed rec league or even better a womens league... lemme know!!

Hey Wolfie,

Welcome to the MSG.

We have quite a few Nashville members here.

Be sure and keep us updated on your move.

Look forward to trooping with you.

Hey Wolfie! I am glad you are going to be headed our direction. Let me know when you are ready to transfer your membership and I will contact your GML and make that happen. I hope the move is a smooth one.

As far as the hockey leagues, there are several around here, especially since we have the Nashville Predators. So, I don't think you will have trouble finding a place to "crash the boards".

Like Don said, keep in touch and let us know as things progress. Welcome! Also, I will have to see you patch collection when you move.

Glad to see you here Crystal. Please let us know when you get in town so we can meet up.

No girls in the clubhouse!!! :lol: Really though, brace yourself, as most of the members have not talked to a female in years, let alone one that's into this sort of crap. :lol:

Anyway though welcome... I use to live in St Pete, years ago.

I guess you're expecting the whole "you'll never find a more wretched hive... etc" comment, but hey... you're coming from the Florida Garrison! :lol: KIDDING! :lol: Yeah, you won't find a lack of trooping opportunities in and around Nashville. You'll be here just in time for all the parades to kick in as well! Hope the move goes well.

Upgraded your access level to "Visiting 501st"

We already have a ROTJ Boba and a Sandtrooper. So, you best stay in FL. ;)

Just kidding.... Welcome aboard. I think you'll find we take ourselves way too seriously :blink: ... Ooops just kidding again.

Nashville does have a couple rec leagues. So you're in luck. Of course Clarksville doesn't have any hockey. So I'm out of luck.

Anyway, welcome again. You'll soon learn to ignore my posts.

We already have a ROTJ Boba and a Sandtrooper. So, you best stay in FL. ;)

Just kidding.... Welcome aboard. I think you'll find we take ourselves way too seriously :blink: ... Ooops just kidding again.

Nashville does have a couple rec leagues. So you're in luck. Of course Clarksville doesn't have any hockey. So I'm out of luck.

Anyway, welcome again. You'll soon learn to ignore my posts.

lol We have had an explosion of Fetts right after I finished mine, so if you only have 1... :P

and yay for hockey for sure, but let the ignoring commence! ;)

guess you're expecting the whole "you'll never find a more wretched hive... etc" comment, but hey... you're coming from the Florida Garrison! KIDDING! Yeah, you won't find a lack of trooping opportunities in and around Nashville. You'll be here just in time for all the parades to kick in as well! Hope the move goes well.

Yeah, we were the wretched hive of sun and humidity :)

No girls in the clubhouse!!! Really though, brace yourself, as most of the members have not talked to a female in years, let alone one that's into this sort of crap.

Anyway though welcome... I use to live in St Pete, years ago.

Lol, coming from Florida, we had a huge population of female members. something like 20-30% or more. I forgot the number but its very high. So it will be a little different. Granted a chunk of those numbers are spouses, spouses get very involved in Florida (though I was 501st before my BF was! lol)

St Pete is pretty too. I'm originally from Tallahassee... go 'Noles ;)

Hey Wolfie! I am glad you are going to be headed our direction. Let me know when you are ready to transfer your membership and I will contact your GML and make that happen. I hope the move is a smooth one.

As far as the hockey leagues, there are several around here, especially since we have the Nashville Predators. So, I don't think you will have trouble finding a place to "crash the boards".

Like Don said, keep in touch and let us know as things progress. Welcome! Also, I will have to see you patch collection when you move.

Thanks :) I'll have to invite everyone out to a pub or sports grill place and bring the patches along for sure, its certainly something to look at lol. :)

And to everyone else, thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to trooping with you all this winter. oh and TAMBO!!!!! ;) yay!

Hey Crystal

You know to get into the MSG you have to give everyone in the command staff one fo your favorite patches ;)

Just hazing you a bit. I am actualy from Thomasville, just north of your home town of Tallahassee; we still have a beach house down in Shell point not far from there. You may be giving up a few things in FL, but Nashville is by far the best area I have ever lived. Godd demographics, good climate, and plenty to do. I am sure you will like it here.

What part of this area are you moving to. Stay away from Clarksville, I hear people up there worship demigods and eat monkey brains.

Also, I am sure we will see you often, as we have a comcast tech in our house every week almost :blink:

If I get a pass, I may see you at the patch trading table at Dragon*Con

Stay away from Clarksville, I hear people up there worship demigods and eat monkey brains.

Chilled monkey brains.

monkey_brains.jpg

Hey Crystal

You know to get into the MSG you have to give everyone in the command staff one fo your favorite patches :)

Just hazing you a bit. I am actualy from Thomasville, just north of your home town of Tallahassee; we still have a beach house down in Shell point not far from there. You may be giving up a few things in FL, but Nashville is by far the best area I have ever lived. Godd demographics, good climate, and plenty to do. I am sure you will like it here.

What part of this area are you moving to. Stay away from Clarksville, I hear people up there worship demigods and eat monkey brains.

Also, I am sure we will see you often, as we have a comcast tech in our house every week almost :blink:

If I get a pass, I may see you at the patch trading table at Dragon*Con

good thing my favorite patches are the ones I just made that hopefully everyone bought :) lol

I've been to Thomasville many many times ;) I grew up in Wakulla about 15 minutes from Shell Point, lol. I never liked that beach much though lol. The one near my house now is stunning. Though I rarely ever go. I like mountains :)

I'll be living most likely in Antioch and working just outside of southern Nashville on Kraft Drive. (or perhaps more towards Brentwood because it appears Antioch has taken a turn into the suck LOL)

Greetings Crystal

Welcome to the Mid-South Garrison of the 501st Legion. We are honoed you found us. My name is Alex McKeel I am the CO of the Corellian Base of the Rebel Legion, which presently makes up Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee. If you like to join us on our forums we would be honored to help you our boards are located at www.corellianbase.net We do numerous activites together with the MSG and we are all family here.

if you like to join our board we would be honored to have you there just PM me when you get there so I can give you full access. My jedi name is Orion Knight-Star. Till you get registered you will not be able to have access this is for security reasons.

thanks and welcome to the Midsouth Garrison and the Corellian Base.

Alex

Welcome to Corellian Base. :blink: I saw the username and was hoping it wasn't some interloper using your screen name.

On a non-SWs angle, I am a huge hockey fan and I'm crushed to leave my Bolts behind (though I'm also a Flyers fan) and I am also crushed to not be able to play ice hockey with the MsConducts any more, so if anyone can point me in the direction of a co-ed rec league or even better a womens league... lemme know!!

I can certainly help you out hockey-wise. This will be my 6th season as a season ticket-holder for the Predators, although I have just a partial plan. Zachmire shares some full season tickets with others. Your Bolts will be visiting Nashville just after your move on December 15th.

I also know a couple of women who play hockey, so I'm sure I can help you get hooked up with a league.

Last year, we had a big event at a Predators game on Sci-Fi Night. Not sure if that will be repeating this year.

I look forward to seeing you up here.

The people in clarksville are demigods.

Trooper-Mom is a 10+ Yr Comcast Employee here in nashville,

got any comcast questions shoot me a PM,

welcome aboard

welcome aboard i look forward to trooping with you in some upcoming events..

Wolfie, welcome aboard. This is a fun group with expertise in many areas. I look forward to trading patches with you again, as long as you don't whine and send hatefull emails when you don't get the trade you want. :lol:

Wolfie, welcome aboard. This is a fun group with expertise in many areas. I look forward to trading patches with you again, as long as you don't whine and send hatefull emails when you don't get the trade you want. :lol:

It's always good to see the money spent by the city of Fanklin for sensitivity training is taxes well spent. :lol::P:P:P:P

Greetings and welcome aboard! I look forward to trooping with you.