Sign in to follow this  
Dune

I'm Dan, and this is my counterpart, R2-D2.

Hey everyone, I'm Dan Baker down in Chattanooga. I'm a member of the R2 Builders Club, and my R2 has been trooping for almost two years. I troop with the newly-minted Mos Nooga Squad, and the range of events and personalities makes this whole group a very cool bunch to hang with. I'll be hanging around here, and although I haven't met many of you personally, I look forward to all of our future events.

I know Chris Lee from the R2BC, and he's got great droid. My droid is pretty well the opposite end of the spectrum from Chris's: mostly wood, styrene, resin, scratch-built, and under $2000. He's well-weathered, and I have a TON of fun taking him out. Here's a pic at the Star Wars in Concert event in Atlanta on Nov 3rd. I'll be at the concert in Nashville in December too.

15864_1281599602864_1316298964_30804940_3701353_n.jpg

He's about 90% done, with the finishing touches being a few small details, dome lights, and dome panel work. I did a lot of work before Dragon*Con this year, and right now he looks 100% done (except dome lights) to the normal non-builder. It's been a lot of work, but every bit of it was worth it.

This little droid's gonna cause me a lot of trouble!

Hi Dan,

Welcome aboard.

Great looking droid you have there.

I look forward to trooping with you (and R2) sometime.

I'm still waiting for my pics from D*C. :lol: *hugs*

What a warm reception! Thanks for the comments, and I look forward to meeting and trooping with more and more of you. If anyone is going to the Star Wars Concert in December, I'll see you there!

(and Kerys, thanks for reminding me. My comp is back up now- I'll get you my pix. :lol: )

Hey Dan, glad you're over here now! Welcome!

Now we've got to get you suited up!