allvolfan64

soon to be a stormtrooper ((( I hope !)))

Hey all Im James from Sweetwater, TN I just bought some armor and waiting for it to arrive , I am hoping to get it together soon and want to apply to the 501rst!!!!

Welcome James! Be sure to keep us posted as your armor build takes shape.

Nice! Plenty of help to be had in "the making of" around here. Glad to see that you'll soon be joining the ranks!

Hi James, welcome and thanks for contacting us on FB.

There are lots of people here with knowledge about building TK armor. Feel free to ask if you need any assistance.

While you are building it come out to an event and introduce yourself and hang out with us.

Look forward to see the finished armor and meeting you.

Hi James,

If you want to join the gang on Saturday, we will be doing the bug a paluza on saturday at Camp Jordon. You have my number... call either Duke or Myself. Can't wait to get you part of the group! HUGS.

Greetings my jedi brother glad to see another jedi is coming on board. However, just remember you need to watch out for rocks, limbs, and those little fuzzy creatures called Ewoks.

if you can come to knoxville i'm willing help out with the armor build. and you can come hang out for the free comic day event at scifi city

Hey man!!! It will good to see you out of those old robes and in to some good old armor!!!

Great to see another TK in the MSG!!

yeah tk are becoming hard to fin most are going clone glade to see some old school troopers still coming in.

Unfortunatly i work Saturdays and I cant do many events right now , I am currently looking to get a job where i have weekends off, I have started working on my armor and its a learning process, so far its not looking bad I want to be done by Dragon*Con but Im not rushing this , I want to do it right so I can get in the 501, 1 question what type of strip would be good to put across the helmet to secure it , I figure to put a snap in front and then put strip over it to hide the snap, any suggestions?

Hey man!!! It will good to see you out of those old robes and in to some good old armor!!!

Yeh I bought some armor finally , Ive already started working on it,its not FX but Styrene its supposed to be more screen accurate I think , its sturdy but not like what you and duke have , I used bondo on the arm and smoothed it out and I think once its painted it will look good.

if you can come to knoxville i'm willing help out with the armor build. and you can come hang out for the free comic day event at scifi city

well I cant make free comic book day but i can arrange another saturday,I am buying what i need each paycheck this will be a slow process, but im just getting started so any help I will gladly welcome , this armor isnt FX, but its still sturdy,my biggest problem may be the straps and shaping the pieces just right so they fit so far the 1 arm is looking pretty good once i smooth the edges witha dremel it should fit better.

Hi James,

If you want to join the gang on Saturday, we will be doing the bug a paluza on saturday at Camp Jordon. You have my number... call either Duke or Myself. Can't wait to get you part of the group! HUGS.

Yeh I miss trooping working sats and sundays blows, I am hoping to get a job where im off weekends,eventually i will get weekends off again , when i get this armor built and then work to buy an fx suit then it will be all worth it!!!!!

Thanks ill def look at them i have a gun, i just need the pouch and boots off Ebay, and a whole list of items.

if your going sandtrooper then

for the ammo bags

http://www.sandtrooper.org/page4/page4.html

the pack

http://td8733.com/Backpack.html

and you'd need a kitfor the ab plate and the sniper plate

and a set of the helmet decals

my packs not 501st but i think it looks cool just got done with it last week.

been trying to find an ab plate and a shin set to use to make a sandtrooper set myself

I am finding out at times how frustrating doing these pieces can be, i almost cracked a leg while trimming, the helmet could be a trick putting it together, Im looking at putting a snap on top to place it then finding the right type of plastic strip to go across the whole helmet once i do that then i will use bondo on it to make it more sturdy , any suggestions on type of strip across the helmet something at Lowes or home depot that may work?

if your looking for the plastic stripping, the cheapest place to find it is online by the sheet. if your just needing the black strap materal i've got pleanty of the web stripping i can let you have and a few of the clips. let me know if you need them.

thanks that would be great I wasnt sure what to look for ,but experimentation is part of it, Im going to knoxville on wed for a few errands I could meet you somewhere

wed i'm working most of the day wouldn't be able to come up thursday would you? i'm off that day and could show how i've got mine glued and straped. i used mostly spandex straps in mine. use the web for the pack. spandex will move with you more but the snaps can pop lose if you use the web strap the buckles won't pop lose but you lose some movement. i might not be too much help with the helmet. i tried building one and never could get sides right. sprung for the master replicas on e-bay. just make sure to say away from anything rubies not 501st approved. found that out the hard way after i set one up with sound and fans. i'm off work tomorrow if you need any help send me a message with your number and i'll see if ican help any.

Hey Damon... Weird Al is coming to Knoxville, wants some stormtroopers on stage... better get that membership turned in!