allvolfan64

soon to be a stormtrooper ((( I hope !)))

already turned in man i think i'm in when is weird al going to be in knoxville. i'd need to put in for some time off from work

what kit is this?

the helmet is an easy build.you need nothing but some rivets if you got an FX kit.

first the face is riveted to the dome using 3 rivets.

then the back get glued to the dome

then where the back wraps around the meet the front you will put 1 more rivet on each side.

the 3 rivets across the brow(face plate) are covered by the black weather strip that came with the kit.

everybody seems to have a problem with the helmet.maybe i should do a photo tutorial thread to leave pinned.

would have helped alot i messed up the last part of mine so i'm turning it into a bank or something.

Unfortunatly I work Thurs - Sun my only days off are Mon - wed and its not a fx kit its ABH I think the helmet is different, they called it a stunt helmet but material is cheaper than the armor itself, I can fix the helmet but it needs trimmed fitted just right, once I put some bondo on it , and I sand it after painting i think it will be right, this is a learning exp and Im working on it hoping I do it right the first time lol

The FX buckets can be a mixed bag these days, when somebody buys 'em off EvilBay there's no telling who pulled 'em. None of the parts fit together, the last one I put together for a guy spent plenty of time under the heat gun to re-shape and un-warp the thing, not to mention the dremeling. Then in the same kit the ear pieces were WAYY too short, and turned about 60 degrees. More heat.

James, remember the weatherstripping that goes across the front (brow trim) can be bought at any hardware store. Just know that it's not "monkey-bite" proof. :lol:

thanks for that info yeh the helmet is looking like it wont fit right, the armor maybe with the dremel smoothing enough room I think it will work,its only the first armor but I will buy a more expensive 1 later