tkcat

Heeeelllllooooo!

Hey everybody!

My name is Catherine Hodge. Currently I have no affiliation but I hope to join MSG ranks soon! I have lived in Nashville, TN my entire life and really enjoy it. I had seen a pack of troopers before and had heard that there was some type of fan based group but that was all of my knowledge about the 501st until last weekend at Celebration V. I went to several of the 501st panels which were very helpful and got me interested in joining. Since then my husband and I have been doing a ton of research on the interwebz and whitearmor.

You can check out my CV album on facebook in the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2324483&id=38413172&l=ba1bed410b

Welcome! I'm one of the Garrison's newest troopers, and I look forward to anybody newer than me joining!

:P

Also, I don't think your permissions are set for us to see your album... I'm going to request friendship so I can see them :P

Hi newbies! Hope we can learn together.

Sorry about the link. I would be happy to be your friends and let's try these public links:

CV:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2324483&id=38413172&l=ba1bed410b

TK helmets for charity:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2325802&id=38413172&l=0cb0cb6211

If you become my friend you can see the Jedi Training Academy video. :P

Welcome!! You have a great group in your area with lots of cool events so keep a look out.

Hi Catherine,

Welcome to the MSG.

We have a lot of troopers in the Nashville area. I encourage you & hubbie to come out to an event and introduce yourselves. We'll have an event nearly every weekend this fall. I look forward to meeting you guys.

Nice CV pics. You didn't get one of me, but I'll let it slide. There is a great group of people in the Nashville area that will make sure you feel right at home I'm sure.

Nice CV pics. You didn't get one of me, but I'll let it slide. There is a great group of people in the Nashville area that will make sure you feel right at home I'm sure.

Haha! Thank you. Check my other CV album. I just posted another 100+ photos on facebook that I didn't have time to upload while at the convention. I am about to start working on the videos.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2326098&id=38413172&l=9ea4b68279

Cat, you and your husband need to come to the Churchill Downs Diabetes event in Louisville, KY on Sept 11th. Come as handlers and hang out with us, see what it's all about.

We also have Dragon*Con coming up in Atlanta. You MUST go to that. Quite a few of us will be there all weekend.

Welcome to the board. For you... I'm thinking Biker Scout.

Hi Catherine,

Welcome to the MSG.

We have a lot of troopers in the Nashville area. I encourage you & hubbie to come out to an event and introduce yourselves. We'll have an event nearly every weekend this fall. I look forward to meeting you guys.

Thanks Don! Does the calendar have all the events listed? If so, the first event we will be able to make it out to will be "Kid’s Day” at Coolidge Park - Chattanooga TN in late September.

Welcome Aboard Catherine! Nice pics! Don't worry, no one takes pictures of Luke (Clonezilla)...it is just the way it is. As Don and Loki have both pointed out, there are great events coming up. If you can't make it to Churchill Downs in Kentucky, there is a local Autism walk as well that several folks will be at. Again, welcome!

Cat, you and your husband need to come to the Churchill Downs Diabetes event in Louisville, KY on Sept 11th. Come as handlers and hang out with us, see what it's all about.

We also have Dragon*Con coming up in Atlanta. You MUST go to that. Quite a few of us will be there all weekend.

Welcome to the board. For you... I'm thinking Biker Scout.

I didn't see that event listed. That sounds awesome. I will have to check to make sure we don't have conflicting obligations. Is it an early start?

I didn't see that event listed. That sounds awesome. I will have to check to make sure we don't have conflicting obligations. Is it an early start?

I don't see it listed either, maybe a Command Staff member can take care of that? (Hint Hint). Not all events are on the calender, there's a whole section of this board available only to 501st members, unfortunately that means the public sections get neglected sometimes.

Event starts at 9:30 Nashville time. We plan on being there and suiting up around 8:30. It goes untill noon or later. After we will likely hit a buffet and slap ass for an hour or so.

I don't see it listed either, maybe a Command Staff member can take care of that? (Hint Hint).

Don has been working on that. (Hint, hint) Catherine, in the meantime, here is a link you can use to view the event here.

I wish the Sept. 11th events didn't clash. We will probably end up at the Autistic Walk. My friends have a 6 y/o autistic son so that one rings close to home not to mention it is located closer to home. :angry: However, if we could be of more use at the Louisville event then let me know.

I am getting excited about all these opportunities. I have an eye on a few events in later September/early October. I'll make sure to post in the Upcoming Events threads once we are confirmed attendees.

Thank you all for such a warm welcoming!

Hi Cat,

Welcome and THANK YOU!!!! for making your Facebook pics ones that I could view. I'm probably the last holdout on the planet that's not on Facebook (and I'm going to keep it that way). Anyway, that would be great if you could make it Kids Day. It seems like it's going to be a great event. See ya soon!

I wish the Sept. 11th events didn't clash. We will probably end up at the Autistic Walk. My friends have a 6 y/o autistic son so that one rings close to home not to mention it is located closer to home. :angry: However, if we could be of more use at the Louisville event then let me know.

I am getting excited about all these opportunities. I have an eye on a few events in later September/early October. I'll make sure to post in the Upcoming Events threads once we are confirmed attendees.

Thank you all for such a warm welcoming!

Cat, you would be a big help at either event, so feel free to pick which ever one you want. Both are great causes, so their is no wrong choice in my mind. We should have a good group of folks at each event. We try not to have multiple events on the same day, but sometimes it is unavoidable, especially if it is with organizations we have worked with in the past, which was the case in this situation. Looking forward to meeting you.

Your CV pics look awesome!

well welcome lol glad im not the newest anymore lol im sure i saw you down in orlando lol

and i too am hurt...no pictures of me either lol. course so far ive only been able to find one of me anywhere lol :angry:

@Cody - dang. How could I have taken so many pictures but missed you and Luke?!

Don't worry guys. I'll make up for it at the next event . :D

Now, a serious question. TB or not TB, that is the question. I think the Biker Scout suit is great for mobility but I like the idea of always blending with a pack of Stormtroopers. It seems like the Biker Scout would be more likely to be the only one if there is a function with only a handful of suited individuals.

Do Biker Scouts get called, "the weird looking Stormtrooper" a lot? Besides mobility and cost, is there any other pros to being a Biker Scout? Anybody have pointers for what is more forgiving for the female body?

Female here, and recently finished a Biker Scout. I love my scout costume, some issues here and there but overall a great build. Ok, so the chest armor isn't exactly female friendly but with the elastic on the sides it fits fine. As far as what names you hear...mostly "look at the Stormtrooper" but most kids know what you are. Oh, and there are benefits.....

bugapaloozabike.jpg

Female here, and recently finished a Biker Scout. I love my scout costume, some issues here and there but overall a great build. Ok, so the chest armor isn't exactly female friendly but with the elastic on the sides it fits fine. As far as what names you hear...mostly "look at the Stormtrooper" but most kids know what you are. Oh, and there are benefits.....

bugapaloozabike.jpg

Hey who's that sexy TK standing on the right?

Hey who's that sexy TK standing on the right?

He sure does have a tiny head.

He sure does have a tiny head.

Well at lest his head still has hair on it. :D

Well at lest his head still has hair on it. :P

Bald is beautiful!

Haha, you guys are awesome.

@dogsondagobah- You look bad ass on that bike! After much contemplation, I have decided that I want my first suit to be ANH Stunt but I have a feeling that I will be a TB some day.

It appears that I do not have access for replying in the Upcoming Event area so I will just let it be known in this topic. We are definitely going to the Autism Walk on Sept. 11th. I'll keep an eye out for updates in that thread but I assume that we will need to get there earlier than the event's start time. I know how to get there so it should not be too hard.