KatieRamos

New girl from martin

Or find a 501st member in your area with said tools, buy them beer and have them trim it down.

I think that its a rule somewhere.

I would advise you to come to a prop party and let someone with experience fit it to you. Taking a dremel to it may be a bit much to handle for ya. Weve done it at several prop parties. ;)

You wouldn't be insinuating that a dremel is too much "tool" for a girl to handle now...would you? B)

You wouldn't be insinuating that a dremel is too much "tool" for a girl to handle now...would you? :P

There's a really good joke in there somewhere, for those of us with filthy minds.

Katie, do not start cutting on it untill you can meet up with us. From the pics you posted, it doesn't look like it fits too bad, might not require a lot of cutting.

Armor really doesn't look bad at all... it looks better than the "new stuff" that's out. I see now why some Legion members are bad-mouthing it. It's not because it's bad... it's because it's GOOD. They feel threatened!

And what's up with the yellow smiley thing blocking your face in pic 1? First thing you must learn is that the 501st isn't a social networking site. We just use this board to chat between get-togethers. None of us are anonymous. I know most members' face, real name, phone number, address, first born child, ect, and they know mine! We all get together fairly regularly in TN for events, conventions, bowling, dinner and even go on vacation together! So don't be scared to post your face. Let's have a look at you, so we'll recognize you at Midsouth Con!

Resume kitten discussion.

There's a really good joke in there somewhere, for those of us with filthy minds.

Katie, do not start cutting on it untill you can meet up with us. From the pics you posted, it doesn't look like it fits too bad, might not require a lot of cutting.

Armor really doesn't look bad at all... it looks better than the "new stuff" that's out. I see now why some Legion members are bad-mouthing it. It's not because it's bad... it's because it's GOOD. They feel threatened!

And what's up with the yellow smiley thing blocking your face in pic 1? First thing you must learn is that the 501st isn't a social networking site. We just use this board to chat between get-togethers. None of us are anonymous. I know most members' face, real name, phone number, address, first born child, ect, and they know mine! We all get together fairly regularly in TN for events, conventions, bowling, dinner and even go on vacation together! So don't be scared to post your face. Let's have a look at you, so we'll recognize you at Midsouth Con!

Resume kitten discussion.

The legs part weren't put on because they dug into my skin and the top of the shin part bop the thighs lower part and it made me waddle. the cod piece dug in too. the shoulder pads hit up too much against the arm piece pushing them off so i had to hold my arms in a certain way for them to hang on(thats why both arm were bent in the picture). the straps on the chest will not holddown. truth be told i really could not move, i just turn slightly for the picture and had someone hand me my helmet and when i did you can see the front view picture that my back came off.

yellow smiley thing blocking meh face was there because two reasons: 1 i just thought it would be funny and 2 my hair was mess up. lol

I guess i should bring the armor when the con comes around right?

Congrats Katie, you have gotten the biggest welcome I have ever seen. Consider yourself super duper welcome

Congrats Katie, you have gotten the biggest welcome I have ever seen. Consider yourself super duper welcome

On other forums I think it's called "leg humpers" :P

I know most members' face, real name, phone number, address, first born child, ect, and they know mine! We all get together fairly regularly in TN for events, conventions, bowling, dinner and even go on vacation together! So don't be scared to post your face. Let's have a look at you, so we'll recognize you at Midsouth Con!

In fact, Loki is my god-father... if anything ever happens to my wife (like she gets fed up and leaves me), it is than Loki's responsibility to make sure that my needs are met and I am properly cared for.

Fitting the thighs give the same great feeling as a paper cut and lemon juice.

However, sometimes its just a matter of a few small snips here and there and getting the circumference right at the top and bottom.

I second Loki's suggestion, don't trim anything until you've met up with someone with an experienced eye and is experienced with making plastic fit.

Back to the discussion:

I think that its a rule somewhere.

If it's not a rule, then we need to make it one. I second it. lol...

@katie I think I tried to search where you are from and you are pretty far away from me, but if you come to Memphis any, let me know. I live just south of there in Mississippi, I would be glad to help if I can.

yellow smiley thing blocking meh face was there because two reasons: 1 i just thought it would be funny and 2 my hair was mess up. lol

Given the number of responses your welcome thread has received, I don't think they are concerned about your hair. As a matter of fact, once you come out and troop with us, and you have been in that TK bucket for a couple of hours, your hair will be a hot mess, lol.

Given the number of responses your welcome thread has received, I don't think they are concerned about your hair. As a matter of fact, once you come out and troop with us, and you have been in that TK bucket for a couple of hours, your hair will be a hot mess, lol.

Ain't that the truth. I mean have you seen some of the people that we troop with? Putting a bucket on is an improvement for some of these guys! :P

If it's not a rule, then we need to make it one. I second it. lol...

@katie I think I tried to search where you are from and you are pretty far away from me, but if you come to Memphis any, let me know. I live just south of there in Mississippi, I would be glad to help if I can.

memphis i think from here would be about 2 hr i think

Ain't that the truth. I mean have you seen some of the people that we troop with? Putting a bucket on is an improvement for some of these guys! :lol:

BEST thing I heard all day! U guys are wacky in a good way :P

And its totally ok if Loki or whoever gets beer'd up and dremels it for you messes it up or scuffs it. Then you can become a sandtrooper. Sandtroopers are more awesomer anyways. We get accessories. As a girl, I like accessories. Pouches, different color pauldrons, various large guns... awesome sauce.

Good luck with it though. I am not sure how well the rubies stuff will trim with a dremel. maybe tinsnips would work better. Its a flexible plastic isnt it? kinda rubbery?

Before you cut it though, does he still have the receipt? If he paid list price, you could return it and get some armor that will for sure 501st approve for probably less than what he paid for the Rubies suit if you were interested in going that route...

And its totally ok if Loki or whoever gets beer'd up and dremels it for you messes it up or scuffs it. Then you can become a sandtrooper. Sandtroopers are more awesomer anyways. We get accessories. As a girl, I like accessories. Pouches, different color pauldrons, various large guns... awesome sauce.

Good luck with it though. I am not sure how well the rubies stuff will trim with a dremel. maybe tinsnips would work better. Its a flexible plastic isnt it? kinda rubbery?

Before you cut it though, does he still have the receipt? If he paid list price, you could return it and get some armor that will for sure 501st approve for probably less than what he paid for the Rubies suit if you were interested in going that route...

from what he told me the rubies armor is special ordered and can't be returned.

from what he told me the rubies armor is special ordered and can't be returned.

...that's pretty much the rule with any armor you get, LFL blessed or not.

I can't wait! only a couple of day! i'll be there on saturday i guess I'll cosplay as a geisha since it'll be easy to pack. Look forward to seeing your guys there!

AH!! That flashing pic you have is giving me acid flashbacks..... not that I've ever done anything like that.....