Makira

In the Nashville area.

My name is Leah Stevens. I'm from Nashville, Tn. I've always kinda known about the 501st, but never tried to join cause of your age requirement. Well this year I went to Dragon*Con and got to see a lot of the 501st marching in the parade and also in the Star Wars panels. So now I'm ready to start making my armor and join up.

No, you can attend any event as a handler (a person that makes sure the armored people don't have any problems.)

yes, scroll down on the index page of the forum and you will see a heading for Events.

There is an event this Saturday in Clarksville.

We are doing Toys for Tots at Toys R us and then the Clarksville Christmas parade.

I don't think all the times and stuff have been posted yet, but they should be with in the next day or so.

Welcome to the MSG Leah. As Corey said feel free to come out out to an event sometime. You'll get an up close look at the armor and some insight on building. Plus we're fun to hang out with. ;)

When you come out please don't be shy; get in there and let us know who you are. This event in Clarksville is a perfect event to meet people. Come and go as you like. You could even walk the parade and pick up costume pieces or troopers as they drop off.

Welcome Leah, glad you found the forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, and hopefully we will see you at an event soon.

Welcome.

PLEASE ask plenty of questions before buying your armor kit.

There are a lot of seasoned builders in the garrison that will be more than glad to give you advise, offer assistance and opinions on different kits that are available.

You may also be lucky enough to get to borrow a kit for an event to get the feel of the armor.

I'll kick it off with: Don't buy the AM armor.

Welcome, hope you have as much fun as you can stand.........I am loving it.

Always good to meet new people and have new troopers. Hope to see you in Clarksville....this weekend.......oh no gotta get my stuff ready.

Later

Yay! Glad to see another newby here in Nashville! Welcome!!