Hi all!

Allow me to first introduce myself and satisfy the requirements of the forum, my name is Owen Suits, I don't belong to the 501st or any other costuming group, but I do have reenacting impressions in WWII and Civil War so I follow a similar path. I'm from LaFayette, GA. I learned about the MSG through my own research but was made aware of the 501st's general presence in the Southeast when my girlfriend met some of the Mosnooga folks at a recent Star Wars event in the Fort Oglethorpe library. I honestly thought the 501st was a small group that perhaps travelled the world under GL's supervision, it seems the Empire's reach is far greater than I'd first assumed...

I'm requesting access to the MSG forums so that I might get to know everyone a little better and hopefully further my knowledge on this great organisation.

I've been active on the FISD forums for about a week now, and all I can say is WOW. There is a ridiculous amount of information and friendly faces in the 501st! It can be hard some times getting involved in a new hobby but I believe the motto "troopers helping troopers" is being upheld to the fullest extent possible!

post-1370-0-50152000-1341276483_thumb.jp

post-1370-0-55821600-1341276484_thumb.jp

Welcome Owen.

The FISD really helped me with my Stormtrroper build. If not for the guys and gals over there, I would have bought a lesser quality kit on eBay and been clueless how to properly assemble it.

I'm still fairly new here, only having met a couple of members. Just got 501st approved a few days ago.

Welcome, we have some WWII guys as well.

Welcome to the MSG Owen. Come out to an event sometime, introduce yourself and hang out with us.

Welcome Owen to the MSG! I'm glad you got to meet some of us at the Library event, there were smiling kids everywhere. I think the last I heard there were 298 kids there not to mention the adults. Hope to see you again in the future sporting your costume and trooping an event with us :D

Welcome!!! Love World War II history; had a semi-important family member in the war. Enjoy the community, you'll love it & everyone here. Guaranteed. :D

Welcome to the madness Owen!

Welcome Owen! As Hook said, we have a few in the garrison that are big into the military reinactment. Come hang out at an event with us sometime soon and see what it's all about up close.

Thanks guys! I'm planning on coming to the Mosnooga squad's recruiting event on the 28th of July!

Glad ya found us! Know LaFayette, GA very well. Used to live there (and still work there). Hope to see you at future events!

welcome !! i am a new guy as well and i have got to say that the people you will meet here are great.

Welcome! Just like Redbeard, I am very new. I am not even a member of the 501st YET, but I have felt very welcomed. There is a great sense of community here!

Welcome Owen. I Also do the WW2, Civil War and more. Looking forward to meeting you. We have a Huge Airshow at Ft.Campbell Aug 11th and need more WW2 people if you are interested.

Welcome Owen! Awesome to see your path has led you to the Dark Side!! ^_^:lol::D There's magic

and amazing people to trip into everywhere you step in this pond, man.

Dark