JODOKAST

Greetings from Franklin, TN

Hi all,

Short personal summary:

- German-born male moved from Berlin to Franklin in November 06

- Lifelong Star Wars fan

- Been to Celebration II, III, IV, and VI

I would like to become a member of the 501st and have two questions:

I bought a set of Stormtrooper armor from Rubie's and would like to know if this would qualify me for membership? If not, would I need to make adjustments/alterations to the armor to meet your standards?

I am looking forward to your constructive feedback.

First off, welcome! My family originally came from Germany, Bönningheim to be exact - many many generations ago... I'd love to go visit someday. I studied German in high school, but am quite a bit rusty now.

Second off, sell that Rubies as fast as you can. No offense, but it would take more work and money to make it approvable than just buying a kit from one of the approved makers. Go to whitearmor.net and sign up for the forums - there is a thread there where somebody has made the Rubies work. Just be ready to invest about 2x what you would spend on an ATA or AM kit, plus you'd be effectively trashing something you already paid a lot for.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9437&hl=rubies+supreme

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=20621&hl=rubies&fromsearch=1

Hope this helps,

Robbie

Welcome to the MSG! Robbie basically said exactly what I was going to say, so I won't repeat it. But, you should come to an event, hang out, and get to know us. There's a con in your neck of the woods called GMX that is coming up the weekend before Halloween at the Marriot in Cool Springs, a number of people from the garrison are going.

You won't get a whole lot for the Rubies now that the mystery is gone. It is still a cool prop though; I would stick i on a mannequin as part of your collection.

Where in Franklin are you; I live just south of downtown.

This is a good time of year to sell the Rubies suit. For someone that wants a out of the box not that bad looking Stormtrooper for a Party it is good. Our members could direct you to armor makers and you can put what you made into a new costume.

Welcome!! You'll find some great resources on our boards and folks willing to offer help and advice on building an approvable strormtrooper. That being sad, we would welcome and encourage you to come out to any of our trooping events. That's really the best way to get started. Just come out and have fun!

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice all.

It is apparent that I have reached a fork in the road...modify Rubies or go with ATA.

Todd, I live east of I-65 and south of Cool Springs Blvd.

Stay tuned for updates.

I'm going to be building an AM suit relatively soon, so you're more than welcome to come by and watch/learn/help out/just stand there/drink beer. I'm in Hermitage.

I'm going to be building an AM suit relatively soon, so you're more than welcome to come by and watch/learn/help out/just stand there/drink beer. I'm in Hermitage.

Robbie, that would be great, thanks. I will refresh your German then. :-)

Is tkboots.com a recommended website for the boots?

Yes, TKBoots are the best out now. Stay away from CABoots... they never quit smelling like glue. I have them and hate them... when TKboots gets size 13 back in stock I'll be upgrading.

Tkboots is pretty much win; their pauldrons are good too, snagged one of their black, perfect gunner bib for me. Definitely quality products

Thanks.

I saw the paudron link on their website. So many colors to choose from! :lol:

Welcome to the boards Marcus. The others that have chimed in seem to have you on the right path so i've got nothing to add to that. It's a good time of the year to attend troops as we have quite a few coming up. Several troops at the Nashville Zoo and there is always Pumpkinfest in Franklin that springs to mind.

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the welcome.

I saw some 501st at the Pumpkinfest a few years ago. You drew quite a crowd. :lol:

Welcome to the MidSouth. If you are ever in Clarksville give some of us a yell and we can help you out.

Welcome and yes come hang out and some events. There are also armor parties that you can go to where we get together and help each other out with building, cutting,shaping, etc...

Welcome and yes come hang out and some events. There are also armor parties that you can go to where we get together and help each other out with building, cutting,shaping, etc...

Hi Vol, thanks for the welcome. I saw you at C VI in the 501st room. Great looking outfit. ;)

Hey there ! Welcome!!! I'm brand new to the 501st but if i can help in any way let me know. Robbie is a great teacher so get together with him when you can. He and i have been best friends since high school. Oh and teach me german ! Please? Lol. Also i don't live far from franklin so if you're ever going to robbies we can car pool. Take it easy!

Hey there ! Welcome!!! I'm brand new to the 501st but if i can help in any way let me know. Robbie is a great teacher so get together with him when you can. He and i have been best friends since high school. Oh and teach me german ! Please? Lol. Also i don't live far from franklin so if you're ever going to robbies we can car pool. Take it easy!

daaaaawwwwwww

Hi SW fans!

It has been a while, but I am serioulsy shopping for some proper TK armor now. I got rid of my Rubies suit luckily and got a good deal on it as well.

Anyway, I contacted troopergear@gmail.com and tupperwaretk@yahoo.com for a rate on AM armor and they replied with the following:

troopergear@gmail.com

Thanks so much for your interest in our new, more accurate, NE armor!

The next large run is in production and we're hoping to have kits in 3-4 weeks. Here is a breakdown of the new kits.

FULL Kits Include:

ALL body armor pieces

NE helmet kit - This helmet kit is a very accurate face on a 3 piece helmet design for durability. Included is the hardware for assembly and custom aluminum mic tips.

ABS cement

ABS polish

Strapping kit with hook Velcro sewn (note: sticky back velcro will be required and is not included).

Includes different ab plate versions with and without ab buttons for different versions

ANH/ESB/ Cheese grater hand plates

**NOTE** The helmet kit does not include decals just yet**

LITE Kits Include:

ALL body armor pieces

Strapping kit with hook Velcro sewn. (note: sticky back Velcro required but not included).

Includes different ab plate versions with and without ab buttons for different versions

ANH/ESB/ Cheese grater hand plates

LITE kits do NOT include ABS cement, ABS polish, or Helmet kit.

MISC ARMOR INFO:

ALL pieces are vac-formed from high gloss .090 ABS plastic, then trimmed and sanded, wrapped and packed for shipping. The kits do not currently come with assembly instructions as we have not had time to complete them for the new design, but you can find tons of reference material and build threads on forums.whitearmor.net

PRICING:

FULL kit - $620 + shipping

LITE kit - $520 + shipping

tupperwaretk@yahoo.com

NE Armor (Nostalgic Empire) is forming now. Kits should be ready to ship in about 2 weeks.

The kit comes trimmed, although the trim-to-fit method as seen in the AM kit is employed here as well. Deeper pieces for bigger troopers that can be trimmed away for smaller troopers.

FULL KIT (with stunt helmet kit) - $732

LITE KIT (no helmet kit) - $619

The new kit is MUCH more ANH accurate than before. It is asymmetrical and a bit wonky, just like the screen-used suits. It is formed from the same .090 gauge ABS plastic that FX and AM armor have been made from – very durable and dependable over time.

Kits will NOT include the strapping package found in previous kits unless specifically asked for.

Many troopers ended up using them, so they are now a $20 option – and must be requested when ordering.

The thighs are currently the AM thighs, but the back raised region has been removed per the request of the troopers.

The calves are the same size as the AM calves but the top crowns have been changed and are much more accurate.

Kits will all include the body armor plates. Full kits will include a helmet kit (including lenses, brow trim, neck trim and cast aluminum hovi mic tips, but minus the decals).

So, what do you guys think of this new NE armor? Any personal experience with it yet?

Thank you as always for your professional opinions.

I have this kit. It's awesome. There are pics of it on whitearmor.net and here as well. Do a search for my username.

You'll love it