Griffin247

Intro, Info & Assistance - MSG & 501st Newbie

Found an AM that is available on 501st boards.

Contact info: Randy at: malarat@pacificcoast.net

Here is the original post:

For Sale' date=' one set of Stormtrooper Armour

I have too many costumes and not enough trooping oppourtunities.

Lost interest in building this suit, so here it is available to the trooper public.

This is a Trooper Gear AM set of Stormtrooper armour, most pieces still in the original package tape.

[b']Bonus pieces[/b]

- Caboots brand Stormtrooper footwear, sz 10.5 - 11.

- Handmade (bymyself) leather holster, (bonus pocket for ID card or some cash).

- Kenner blaster painted flat black.

- Rubber gloves.

- Neckseal.

- Black long sleeve top (optional unworn) XXL

Without helmet (Lite) armour is $750 before shipping

With Helmet (Full) standard FX) armour is $850 before shipping

Armour is being shipped from Canada, postage slightly higher to US, outrageous shipping International (due to size)

I don't price gouge, you pay what I'm charged!

Will consider trades, Hyperfirm blasters, Lord of the Rings Swords, blasters form other Sci Fi series (no present day firearm props),

Payment by Paypal (gift please), other payment options negotiable.

Happy Holidays!

costumes008.jpg

I wouldn't get the helmet. It isn't approvable anymore. You may just wanna negotiate on the armor and get the other stuff yourself, just depends on what kind of deal he might give you.. As a reference, I paid $545.00 for my lite kit shipped.

Since when are fx helmets not accepted? They are deprecated but allowed still.

And speaking as another bigger dude, do what I'm doing, consider this a goal for slimming down, even if the armor does fit you'll still be uncomfortable in it... I had an fx set that didn't fit me right because I was too big for it. Rt wants too much for his armor imo, just come out, hang with us, be a handler and build something else if you want to be "official". Otherwise plan on shimming an existing set to fit you.

Since when are fx helmets not accepted? They are deprecated but allowed still.

After the discussion and poll on the FISD boards, I thought the FX was no longer approvable:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19446-poll-grandfathering-the-fx-helmet/page__hl__%2Bfx+%2Bhelmet

Looks like it still is, just not for EIB or Centurion.

My bad.

Yeah, a bunch of the UK guys etc are trying to get it banned, but the fact of the matter is, the majority of troopers still have 'em.

This armor is my motivation to slim down. I appreciate the encouragement.

I have emailed to see if the armor kit is still available. If it is, and the helmet is no good, what do I do for a bucket???

I am looking into the option of a TIE Pilot or AT-AT Driver if the TK is something I have to wait on.

I plan on coming to the upcoming events & hope I can help out in some way to meet people and get involved.

Let me know if you see any other kits. Thanks

You could use the FX helmet but I wouldn't give 100.00 for it as he is asking. They have sold on FISD for 75.00.

I bought a TE2 from another trooper on the FISD boards and really like it.

I joined the detachments for ATAT drivers, TIE Pilots and Bounty Hunters to see if there are full costumes or kits available. I dont have access to the 501st boards. If you see something let me know.

This was posted on the 501st boards:

"Size is xl converted jumpsuit. Accurate buckle. Leather gloves. Code cylinders. Targ 1 generation helmet and chest armor. Thick chest armor. Helmet is converted. Has fans and a hardhat liner. 1 fan i think is burnt out. Hoses are magnetic and clip on with brass attachments fiberglassed into helmet. Mohawk needs a repaint. Very sturdy costume trooped in 5 times.

Pics can be had via e mail.

470.00 shipped conus.

No boots.....who wears someones nasty old boots uck."

Can't find an email for the guy. I will PM him.

Way to help out Greg.

Hey Jason, where are you located at? Lexington Comic Con in March is the closest event where I know there will be a large number of us with different costumes and armor in attendance unless the year end party gets set up.

You should come check it out and meet everyone.

AM armor is paid for and should be in route very soon. :-)

Now to get the other stuff rolling. What has 2 thumbs and is super excited??????? This guy!!!!

Thanks for all the help and direction so far. With any luck I may be trooping soon.

Jason Griffin

TK-TBD;-)

I am in located just north of Nashville in Henderonville/Gallatin area. Lexington is only 3hrs way and my be a possibility. I have it on my radar.

I'm in Hermitage, and there are quite a few people in Hendersonville/Gallatin/Goodlettsville... let's get together when you get that kit and knock it out!

From what I read, I will need the black undersuit in order to properly fit the kit when it arrives. Is the Easbay Evapor the best way to go??? Do I need a crew neck or mock turtle neck on the shirt??? Trying to do it right the first time. Thanks

Turtleneck might be helpful, my shirt is a crew neck though. I also got mine at Walmart, might be cheaper for you, i dunno

For under suit, I've got under armor, Eastbay, and Starter (from Walmart). I like the Starter shirt and Eastbay pants.

Canada Post tracking number says the big brown box should arrive by the 18th. Eastbay undersuit should arrive tomorrow. TK boots on order, Darman Neckseal on order.......what else do I need day 1???

a dremel, some glue (e-6000 is forgiving for new builders), clamps, line 24 snaps and snap setter from Tandy Leather, some elastic, some velcro, a canvas belt from TKittell on whitearmor.net, foam for padding maybe, Testors 1138 gray and Testor's Model Masters French Blue paint jars for ab buttons, a holster... am i forgetting anything else?

razor knife (box cutter), perhaps some plexiglass scissors if you dont trust yourself with a razor... a straight edge made of metal, black gloves (nomex are what people typically use... screen accurate guys use black rubber gloves, but those suck for trooping), some nylon webbing and buckles to rig up a garter belt system (look on whitearmor.net for the tutorial... much better way to hold up the legs than rigging them to the ab piece... i love how mobile it makes you...