Griffin247

Intro, Info & Assistance - MSG & 501st Newbie

There ya go Cody! You just bring over Jaina and while the girls play and talk bad about their " nerdy" dads you can help build that armor!! Woohoo. Daddy day care. I mean daddy prop shop.

You'd need someone there building armor one or two steps ahead of Cody - he does this thing where he watches and waits for you to screw up your armor, and then he doesn't do that to his. Works out well for him, not so much for the other guy :lol:

She is 17 months. We have lots of SW toys around the house.....every time she sees a Trooper (CT, TK, TD) she yells DaDa. Pretty funny. i can definetly host a prop build/ daycare in the spring when it gets warmer. Prop build, kids running wild, and some grilled food ( maybe a beverage of choice too).

image_zps5920f076.jpg

My brother in law makes those boards too, I have been talking with him about getting just one of them sometime for kids to play when we have tables set up at events. They "win" (just by trying) and they get a prize.

I have a set that I will donate to the MSG. It it beautiful stained wood grain. We could get a decal or sticker of the 501st logo and poly over it. My dad makes them, I just paint them. We tried something different with the stained sets for a winery, and it is cheaper to buy big sheers of ply than little sheets, so we have an extra set collecting dust. Folding legs, handles, heavy duty (dad builds them to hold his weight (225)' if it can hold him it will hold any kid jumping/playing on it). Just let me know & I can make it happen.

Looking forward to meeting you and talking shop this weekend sir at the Lipscomb event.

We can do decals no problem, that would be a great thing to have! Like Dave said, can't wait to say hi on Saturday!

Sounds like a plan this needs to happen! Lol and hopefully you will make to the the troop this weekend

Folks in the know,

Is there any plan for a prop / build assistance party/gathering??? I am in Hendersonville & have a decent size garage/patio area for a group if you want to have it at my place. If not, maybe another place more centralized ( have kit, will travel).

I have started on some of my TK build but am much more of a visual/hands-on learner & would love to see inspect some armor (+ get some experienced help) to help me go faster. I received my new MTK helmet and am ready to kick this in high gear now.

LMK thoughts.

Griffin