My name is Josh Fyffe and I am seeking to become a member of the 501st Legion as either a KOTOR or COTF Darth Nihilus. Any advice on a good place for acquiring costume parts would be much appreciated as my level of sewing skills would probably have me sewing my hand into the costume. I am really hoping to be able to be in the Legion in time for the convention in Louisville in July.

A bit about me. I am a pastor to a small church in West Liberty, KY and was active with helping in the tornado recovery. It is nice to see some of town starting to rebuild, but saddens me to know that it will never be the same again as many things will not return. I am working on joining the Army as a Chaplain and am finishing my Master of Divinity degree. I am happily married and father to three wonderful children. I have also returned to managing the Radio Shack in Paintsville as a favor to owners.

I have always been a huge fan of the Star Wars movies and games. I am still quite addicted to paying SWtOR and played SWG for ages. My personal favorite character is Boba Fett, but I know his costume is a bit out of my reach at the moment. I will end up with a Fett someday though.

Welcome Josh. Can't give you any pointers but I guess the best place for info regarding Nihilus will be here: http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/ If you need a seemstress, I can get you hooked up with one in the Lexington area. She is currently doing my Tusken and will be working on a few other costumes for another member.

Welcome Josh. I really like the look of Nihilus but don't have any pointers either above what Uncle has said.

I play SWtOR was well but my schedule means I'm only a casual. Nice to know there are some other people in the area playing though.

Glad to have such a long time fan as you join the boards.

Welcome Josh. I really like the look of Nihilus but don't have any pointers either above what Uncle has said.

I play SWtOR was well but my schedule means I'm only a casual. Nice to know there are some other people in the area playing though.

Glad to have such a long time fan as you join the boards.

My schedule has killed my playtime lately too. Hoping to get back to the game a bit more soon.

Welcome Josh. Can't give you any pointers but I guess the best place for info regarding Nihilus will be here: http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/ If you need a seemstress, I can get you hooked up with one in the Lexington area. She is currently doing my Tusken and will be working on a few other costumes for another member.

Thanks for the advice. I have been over to the Flagship Eclipse and looking into the Nihilus info there. Seems to be some good info to look at and hopefully will get steered in a good direction.

Great to see my brother taking the leap! He's a great guy and should fit in pretty well.

Not sure what your budget is and how much you want to make yourself but I just saw a post on the 501st boards regarding the Nihilus costume. There's a guy who makes the complete costume minus belt, gloves, boots, belt and blackout mask for $615. If you are interested I can probably get you in contact with the person.

Welcome to the MSG Josh, Uncle's advise is spot on for a Nihilus costume.

Not sure what your budget is and how much you want to make yourself but I just saw a post on the 501st boards regarding the Nihilus costume. There's a guy who makes the complete costume minus belt, gloves, boots, belt and blackout mask for $615. If you are interested I can probably get you in contact with the person.

That would be a bit out of my budget. Looking to stay in the $500 or less range, which is why I am not doing a Darth Revan or a Royal Guard. I had honestly started out with the intention of doing a Royal Guard. Cosplaysky and the cheap places I have seen for the guard's robes don't seem to do well on the other stuff, so I have been told to avoid them. MyWickedArmor has a good Nihilus that from my understanding takes just slight alterations for the KOTOR version. I haven't ordered yet, as my measurements are changing at the moment from diet and exercise.

Great to see my brother taking the leap! He's a great guy and should fit in pretty well.

Been wanting to for a while, just took me a bit to make the full leap in.

That would be a bit out of my budget. Looking to stay in the $500 or less range, which is why I am not doing a Darth Revan or a Royal Guard. I had honestly started out with the intention of doing a Royal Guard. Cosplaysky and the cheap places I have seen for the guard's robes don't seem to do well on the other stuff, so I have been told to avoid them. MyWickedArmor has a good Nihilus that from my understanding takes just slight alterations for the KOTOR version. I haven't ordered yet, as my measurements are changing at the moment from diet and exercise.

Totally understand. Thought I'd pass along the info if interested.

Not sure what it takes to build a Royal Guard, doesn't seem like much, but as I mentioned before I know someone in the Lexington area that does seamstress work on the side.

Totally understand. Thought I'd pass along the info if interested.

Not sure what it takes to build a Royal Guard, doesn't seem like much, but as I mentioned before I know someone in the Lexington area that does seamstress work on the side.

I would be interested in the seamstress, Lexington isn't too far of a haul for me.

May I suggest for starters of a costume to do an imperial crewman costume. This costume is easy to do and also the basic of other costumes for the 501st.

May I suggest for starters of a costume to do an imperial crewman costume. This costume is easy to do and also the basic of other costumes for the 501st.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I would have to decline. I have considered the crewman, tie pilot reserve, and a few others that would seem simpler, but they just don't feel right to me. They are great costumes, but they just don't bring excitement to me the way Nihilus, Revan, or a Royal Guard does.

Then again my wife is also interested in joining and costiming and is considering Visas Marr as her costume, thus making Nihilus a perfect choice for me. :D

Welcome! Sounds like you have a good plan!

Hey man, welcome to the group. I'm just in the next town over in Beattyville. We're working on getting a small prop party together so maybe you can come to that.

Hope to see you at some events soon.

Hey man, welcome to the group. I'm just in the next town over in Beattyville. We're working on getting a small prop party together so maybe you can come to that.

Hope to see you at some events soon.

I do make it over to Beattyville every so often, not too far at all. Will definitely try to make some of the events there.

My Darth Nihilus is officially ordered. Just need the boots, gloves, and blackout mask now. :D

So my 16 year old daughter is getting caught up in the excitement of me joining the 501st and costuming at conventions and other events and is very excited about possibly participating. If she joins the Galactic Academy and we have her costuming, would she be welcome at 501st events? Since she really wants to join we plan on getting her costumes up to standards, so in a year and a half when she turns 18 she can join the Legion itself.