Indeed she will. There are many troopers that costume and bring their children.

The royal guard is more difficult than expected if you can not sew.

Also. Some people have issue with the helmet because it fits tightly and the larger version is harder to come by.

Then you have to deal with finding the material and the paint for the helmet to match. Might sound crazy but learning to sew will save you big time. Sewing machines are all over now. It was one of the first things I started doing many years ago when I made my royal guard robes back in the 90s. Seriously look into that.

I had my guard so long I never wore it any more so I converted it to Kir Kanos.

watch ebay. There is a seller in Georgia that sells a nice resin guard helmet for around 100.

With all due respect ,build the costume you want. Don't make something you have no interest in. Regardless of what genre your interests are.

Good luck with it.

With all due respect ,build the costume you want. Don't make something you have no interest in. Regardless of what genre your interests are.

Excellent advice. Take it to heart. Don't just do a costume to get in the Legion, make sure you will enjoy making and wearing this costume, too.

The topic of what makes a good first costume often comes up. Here is my advice:

Pick something you will enjoy building, have fun wearing, and can be completed in less than 3-4 months. Once you are active and trooping you will have a regular source of motivation to finish the more advanced "dream" costumes.

Your first costume should also require similar skills and tools to the next one you plan to make. You want to do Boba Fett? Consider a Sandtrooper as a first costume. Scratch build the backpack and blaster, and do all of the weathering yourself.

The commercialization of this hobby has reached a point where you can buy almost everything and hire someone to do everything else, from armor to sewing to sculpting to painting. This will usually cost more than doing it yourself, but the real cost is the lost opportunity to learn something. The people that have built advanced costumes developed their skills in stages; each costume project builds on the skills earned on the last one.

Good luck and welcome to the Legion.

I agree it isn't a good idea to just get something to get in. While there may have been other options that would be dream options for me, Fett, or Revan for example. Nihilus is however a very intriguing character and has a very distinctive appearance. Aside from being a force wraith, he has a kind of scary appearance. Also where I am in the process of losing weight it is an easy costume to alter as my waist gets smaller.

Happy to say I received my acceptance letter this evening and I am now SL-72204!

Awesome Josh, are you and Joe coming to the Make A Wish walk in Lexington on Saturday? It should be an easy first troop.

Congratulations! Getting that letter is an awesome feeling! Hope to troop with you soon!

It was an awesome feeling indeed!

Happy to say I received my acceptance letter this evening and I am now SL-72204!

Welcome officially to the MSG and Congratulations! I look forward to trooping with you at an upcoming Garrison and Legion event.

Awesome Josh, are you and Joe coming to the Make A Wish walk in Lexington on Saturday? It should be an easy first troop.

Let me see what is going on with the family this weekend.