MidSouth Garrison
rdhawk

Continuous 301 error with Chrome

I know Chris is on his honeymoon, and hopefully very preoccupied, but I was hoping our second GWM could look into this. I run Chrome on my desktop because, well, chrome is better, and I am constantly getting 301 errors that look like this:

0<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">

<html><head>

<title>301 Moved Permanently</title>

</head><body>

<h1>Moved Permanently</h1>

<p>The document has moved <a href="http://midsouthgarrison.com/forums/style_images/1/folder_team_icons/msgmpic.gif">here</a>.</p>

<p>Additionally, a 301 Moved Permanently

error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>

</body></html>

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently

Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 19:20:38 GMT

Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

Content-Length: 247

Connection: keep-alive

Server: Apache/2

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">

<html><head>

<title>301 Moved Permanently</title>

</head><body>

<h1>Moved Permanently</h1>

<p>The document has moved <a href="http://www.midsouthgarrison.com/forums/">here</a>.</p>

</body></html>

And I get that completely randomly. Most of the time, it comes from clicking the MSG logo at the top of the screen, but it also happens if I reply, go through pages in a thread, or check my PM's.

Thanks for the notice.

Unfortunately, I cannot replicate any of the errors using Chrome v 27.0.1453.110 on Mac OS X 10.8.3

I am still running Windows XP, so that might be an issue. I'll try installing Chrome on my tablet and see where that gets me.

I think I found the issue. It's not Chrome-related or even Win XP-related.

It was related to the member access level images that were not showing under the avatars. I fixed the image path (the first broken link in your example above), and it seems to have corrected the errors.

Thanks for discovering this.

301, "Moved Permanently"

The HTTP response status code 301 Moved Permanently is used for permanent URL redirection, meaning current links or records using the URL that the response is received for should be updated. The 301 response from the Web server should always include an alternative URL to which redirection should occur. If it does, a Web browser will immediately retry the alternative URL. This is the best way to ensure that users and search engines are directed to the correct page. The 301 status code means that a page has permanently moved to a new location.