Sign in to follow this  
JODOKAST

Rancho Obi-Wan - Charity Request

I am going to visit it in the middle of June and the General Manager, Anne Neumann, asked me if there are 501st Legion members in the Nashville area as she has a charity that is requesting troopers.

I advised her that I will ask GPR Julie Gay to get in touch with her. Julie, if you are reading this, please contact Anne at info@ranchoobiwan.org.

Thank you.

This event is taken care of, thanks!

Here's the deal:

The guy submitted a request a week ago. Never heard anything back. So, he contacted Anne at Rancho. Anne contacted a friend who in turn asked me if I knew anybody who might be able to show up. I let Anne know that I could help her, and I was sorry nobody got back with her colleague. This happened literally an hour ago.

Small event, two stormtroopers and a Vader. Me, Hodge, and Skip. Short and quick. No reason for alarm. We'll represent the garrison professionally. So please, no drama here. Just trying to help save face with the former ambassador of fan relations for LFL.

Thanks, Robbie.

Anne only wrote me because she knew that I am from around Nashville as I just booked the Rancho tour a week ago.

Dude, have a blast out there! I want to go sometime for sure! Be sure and take pics!!

This event came to us on Friday so a bit late but did get lost in translation. It is posted in the event section so please go and sign up there. Thank you for helping out on this.

We are not obligated to do any event that has not been vetted as one that has worth; that is our call not anyone at any other level. Unless of cource you just want to do it for the fun of it. I know Skip is a true trooper and will suit up if he things it's a good time; I have always admired that by the way.

Anyway, my point is this; people will call just about anything a charity to get free entertainment to come out. I had multiple request for parties where the person wanted a half dozen troopers, and in return would donate some money to a charity. In my book that is not a good use of our resources. In other words, don't feel bad to say no.

This event came to us on Friday so a bit late but did get lost in translation. It is posted in the event section so please go and sign up there. Thank you for helping out on this.

Anne emailed me early yesterday morning... they put in the event request around may 15th.... this was an event request through Rancho ObiWan donating a free trip to the group to raise money for a charity group so I would hope something Sansweet set up would be vetted as having worth, maybe they didnt make that clear in their event request, but I'm just curious why Steve and Anne had to email me asking why they hadnt even heard a yes or No. its one thing to turn stuff down but we should be telling people no at least and not ignoring them. If this is happening from the legion level or the garrison level, it would be good to know. Because in the end i think its our decision as members to decide if we want to troop something or not, i dont think thats really a command decision....

i'll get an exact date of when they put the request in through the legion site but if our turn around is that bad, maybe we should warn people that on the event request page on the main website... I'll go annoy someone over there about it..

Crystal,

I have looked into this as it did concern me as well. It boiled down to an issue with a spam filter on email on our end. There is a small window of time in which this happened and we have that fixed now so it shouldn't be a problem and we have done a thorough check of our events and all are current and posted. Thank you for alerting us to this. :)

I just double checked and we got the event in our box on Friday May 25th. I'm not sure what the turn around time is from when the requestor completes the form and when it gets to us. I'll check with the Legion on this. More to come on that.

Yeah if the legion level is pushing these things down a week after a request comes in, thats pretty slow, granted i havent looked at our event request page in a couple years, if there isnt something saying we need a couple weeks advance notice , etc maybe the higher ups should consider it. Especially for high profile stuff or things that should have been high profile over a birthday party type request. just kinda sucks

double checking - the first contact from Anne and SaddleUp was in Feb, their prize was arriving on the 11th of May and thats when they asked Anne about finding troopers. So it was some time between the 15th and the 23rd that the actual request was placed on the 501st site, so there could have been very little delay on the legion end. Hard to tell from the email train I was forwarded by Anne.

Anyway, she doesnt seem to concerned about it now since we got folks to show up so if she asks I'll just tell her it was an issue with spam filters *shrug*

From Legion Command................

As far as turn-around time for when the person fills out the form on 501st.com and when it gets received by those on the list - it should be as instantaneous as any other regular email.

At most there might be a couple hours delay (and even that would likely be a really extreme case), but there should never be an automated email that gets delayed and not received for days by all the people on the distribution list (i.e. CO, XO, GEC and myself). My time/date stamp in my inbox is the same as yours - 4:37pm EST on May 24th.

In this particular example, I'm going to assume that Ann was mistaken about when the request was filled out? She may have asked for it to be filled out on the 15th, but maybe Knox didn't get to it until the 24th?

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to for you.

Nope, nothin else. I'm wondering if they put in two requests because they complained on the 23rd that they hadnt heard anything back yet. So I'm thinking they probably never completed the request the first time, didnt hit submit or forgot a contact email or something that caused it not to work. So the 24th was a redo and it was spam blocked.

They're fine now though so not worried about it .

Yeah, sounds like it. THanks for bringing this to my attention. Glad it turned out well.