MidSouth Garrison

Hey everyone!! I'm South Of Louisville KY (Near Radcliff)

Name is Matt

Not affialited with 501 (hopefully yet)

South of Louisivlle

I was goggling and found out about this place.

Why I'm requesting access, because I want to be a stormtrooper haha. I'm a firefighter, I love to help people to make people smile. Making kids smile is the best thing to me, I love when we can help anyone but I love it more when I can help a kid or make his day. I'll keep random things in my pockets so if we run into a kid I can give him whatever (ie, bracelet, action figure, firefighter card, etc) to make his day. I know being a stormtrooper would be able to put smiles on peoples faces.

Also I have always wanted to get a stormtrooper outfit but was hesitant. Well at fandomfest this year we saw one (my wife and I) I said I always wanted one so my wife said...So? Do it, I laughed and said well it's not that easy. She made a valid point, then you don't want it bad enough I laughed and said I'm going for it. She said ok!

I'm also on FISD, and reading a lot. Leaning towards the ATA armor right now it's a 8 month wait but that gives me time to save money and read all I can.

I'm open to any and all advice!

I currently have a unicorn mask I wear and crack people up with. Looking to build my first jawa next week sometime!

post-1487-0-66960400-1375403284_thumb.jp

Welcome to the MSG Matt, feel free to join sometime at an event. :)

(costume not needed)

Hey! Welcome!

There are a few guys here who have built ATA - get with 'GalloGeek' (Andy). He recently built one and it looks great! I have an ATA helmet myself. Hope to see you around sometime!

Welcome and this is an awesome group to get help, pointers, how to, where to, how much etc.. Now to start the journey

I think I saw you and your wife walking around. I wish we had spoken. I talked to a few people about the 501st at the con. Come out to some events with us and see what its like. We have an event at Joseph Beth in Lexington on August 10th.

I think I saw you and your wife walking around. I wish we had spoken. I talked to a few people about the 501st at the con. Come out to some events with us and see what its like. We have an event at Joseph Beth in Lexington on August 10th.

I'll be at a bechelor party the 10th other wise I would be there!

I was wearing that unicorn mask and walking around with 3 girls (One being my wife). We were there quite a while lol

It's all good least I found my way :)

Thanks for all the nice welcomes and comments, you'll defiantly see me around it's just when?

Matt,

It was great talking with you by email. Glad you found your way to our forum. Feel free to join us at some upcoming events.

Welcome Matt! I have a full set of ATA I completed earlier this year and I love it. I had a couple of guys in the garrison help me with the helmet build and then when the armor came in, a real good friend of mine in the garrison helped me with the build. When I ordered my armor, it was the same wait period for me and it was a LONG wait . The guy that produces the ATA armor is great at keeping you informed on the progress and when your armor should be ready. Also, he usually keeps helmets on hand. If you want to get a jump on your build, I suggest you go ahead and order yourself a helmet kit and build it. It's a fun build, and you will get a small taste of what all is in store for you on your armor build. I did that and I also did a DoopyDoo conversion on a Hasbro blaster while I waited for my armor to be ready to ship out to me. Here is the link for my blaster build http://www.midsouthgarrison.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6180-my-hasbro-e-11doopydoo-build-pic-heavy/. This was fun to do and kept me busy. Hit me up anytime if you have any questions about the kit and I will try and give you whatever help I can. Good luck and have fun man!

Thanks everyone!

Sadly won't be going to DragonCom this year as it's to soon and I won't have the money to go and spend as I would want. Maybe next year instead of driving to Cali though!

Thanks Andy for the info. I might do that but I would be lost where to start maybe after I meet some of you one of you could guide me/help me haha.

I was also thinking going black storm trooper but eh not sure.