Cipher032

Hello Msg

Cool man, no sweat. I've seen too many people get ripped by these idiots, would hate for it to happen to you. Good luck with your build!! Post progress pics!

Definitely do the build you want, but be warned this can be an addictive hobby. While something may be easier, quicker, or cheaper, it really boils down in the end to what you are happy with.

There are tons of sites you can find producing armor and costume parts on google, but be warned most of them are ripoffs, scams, or just plain junk. The same is true for when you decide to get your weapons. Many of those sites will even boast such things as 501st approved. Then you get into issues of recasting with weak and light details or inferior materials. While their claim that they are 501st approved may not be entirely a lie, it is important to know that the CRLs are always being updated and just because something was approved five years ago does not mean that the standard has not changed to a more accurate version and thus it was something that was approvable at one time, but is no longer.

If you come across a vendor you don't see anyone mentioning on the boards here or at the detachment you are building for, ask. There are some very skilled eyes on the boards at detachment level that can help you spot if you are buying a recast or if it is a new site that was perhaps under an old name.

Again, thanks all! I don't currently have the funds for a kit, but I'm working on it. On the topic of the armor itself, is it possible to reinforce it to be able to sit down?

Forgot to put this in the previous post: Has anyone done or thought of modifying a box on the Clone belt (either style) to hold say a cell phone?

Welcome and good luck with your build..take your time and check out the Detachments for sure.

Forgot to put this in the previous post: Has anyone done or thought of modifying a box on the Clone belt (either style) to hold say a cell phone?

Some folks have, it's tricky to do right. I have a hidden place in my thigh armor where my phone goes. I also have a hidden pouch inside my chest armor for room key/money.

Not currently. I just have a little place where I can jam my phone inside a big elastic pouch. Works great.

I'd say I'll have a better idea of it once I start assembly. Do you have any advice on being able to sit down in Clone armor?

Welcome Joshua! Lots of good folks here to point you in the right direction, the detachments are also a great resource with a wealth of information.

I can't speak for the others but KW's belt boxes are functional. It won't hold my GS3 but I think an iPhone will.

After sitting down and seriously thinking about it, I've decided at least currently to do an Animated Phase 1 501st. As far as sending in admission photos, can you approve more than one costume at the same time? What I mean more precisely is doing the 501st version, but also ordering an extra set of arms, hand backs, and helmet to make a standard grunt to get two costumes in one.

I've seen people do that before. Especially with plain movie clones. Helmet swap between episode 2 and 3

Speaking of that, I have glanced around but I'd like to make sure. Is the only difference between Realistic Phase 1&2 just the helmet?

Yep. The armor between both Phase 1 and 2 armor is the same.

I realize that this thread is coming up on a year old, but I've got an update. I'll be heading to Knoxville in August for a while.

Well, I am fairly new to the Legion myself. I have seen some great stuff out of KW. Looking forward to seeing your build.