MidSouth Garrison
Hermanator

Moving To Knoxville - Tk In Works + Jawa In Works

Hello all!

I'm currently building a TK (RS), and my wife is building a Jawa. We worked closely with the Squad 7 (Jacksonville) members of the FL Garrison. I grew up in Knoxville and after 6 years of working out-of-state, I'm returning to the area. Since leaving Knoxville, I developed a love for Star Wars costuming in 2010. I started with a simple Sith robe costume, followed up by a complex custom Mando Merc, and having lost interest in the mercs (lack of activity)... I'm heading for the 501st with a TK now.

I have all the parts required for my TK, I've trimmed the majority of the pieces, and now it's just a matter of finding time to work on it. The move, new job, and my wife/toddler limit my availability... but I'm hoping to have it all finished before SW Weekends.. and definitely before D*Con.

Does anyone in the Knoxville area throw Armor Parties (or small get-togethers)? If not, is anyone interested? I'll be located in the Karns/Powell area, if anyone is interested in getting together.

I also have some family in Nashville and Maryville, so those are other possibilities for me until my armor is finished. After which, I plan to primarily troop Knox, Chattanooga, and Nashville.

BTW, are there any Fantasy cosplayer groups in the area? I know someone who might enjoy it.

Looking forward to meeting all of you,

Kevin

There's tons of great folks in Knoxville, I'm sure they'll post up here and introduce themselves! I'm in Nashville, also have a TK (along with a scout and clone).

Welcoome!

Welcome Kevin! Glad your going to be joining us. Lots of great people in the Knoxville area. Hope to troop with you soon.

Welcome back Kotter, I mean Kevin. Good amount of anime and fantasy in the area. Working on getting my Slave Leia approved now

Welcome to the area Kevin. I'm right outside Knoxville in Roane county but spend a lot of time in Knoxville. Good to have another person in the area. I've got limited TK experience as I've got a clone and currently finishing up a TIE pilot. There are others in the area with some TK experience though. And there has been the occasional prop party in the area from time to time. Warmer weather is usually a big plus for that.

Welcome! I'm in Johnson City, but lived in Knoxville for 3 years prior. Just finished my first TK in November.

Welcome aboard. In a couple months there's a great event right in your new backyard. Come on out, if your rig's not done yet even better, easier to talk and meet folks.

Thanks guys! I just moved in this weekend, and I plan on making it to the zoo event. Looking forward to meeting all of you. Does anyone in the area ski or snowboard?