Hey everyone!

My name is Trey McGinnis and I currently live in Memphis. Over the past month or so my younger brother has gotten me involved in the 501st. He's a Halo costumer who made some 501st friends (from the Rancor Raiders) and has since turned to the dark side.

I'm currently a junior in college studying electrical engineering, computer science, and math. I'm involved with a lot of stuff at my school, including a big service initiative that we do each year. I love that the 501st isn't just about having an awesome costume, you also do all sorts of service things with it!

My younger brother (Brian) and I are working on ARC clone troopers to start with. He's got a good grasp of the costuming process from his experience as a Halo costumer, so I'm going to be learning a lot in the next year or so. We both have electronics experience, so we're going to have fun wiring up our helmets with fans, coms, rangefinders .etc. I'm already a member of the clone trooper forums, where I've been researching and reading up on vendors and such.

I'm planning on going to the Riverkings game on the 23rd as a handler, so I look forward to meeting more 501st members in the area!

Welcome Trey. Not that I haven't already met you in person. Haha.

Welcome the the MSG Trey, sounds like you are well on your way to having clone trooper costumes. :duim:

Thanks guys!

We're mainly doing the preliminaries right now. I'll post a build thread when we get some more substantial progress.

Welcome, Trey! A clone is definitely one of the most time-consuming costumes to build... can't wait to see your progress!

Welcome to you and your brother. Thats exciting to hear that you guys have been costuming before. I'll have to ask your brother about his Halo armor. So cool.