LeoneDarkkat

Salutations from a Memphis Costumer

Hello All. I am Natasha Wright(name soon to be changed but until then...ayye)People call me Adonis though.
I am a 5 year Art Major with a concentration in painting with the University of Memphis.

I have been a theatrical costume maker and mascot fabricator for the past 7 years and counting,with an interest in music,photography and voice acting.

All of my life, I have always had an interest in making my own armor set, however, being of a family whose culture strays from such ideas and being in a low income household,this was a very ambitious undertaking.With my growing interest in the Star Wars Universe,I first learned of the 501st around 2006 through the internet and got into the whole cause of the group similar to the Hugs for Charity and other related events I am involved with in other fandoms BUT with my favorite sci-fi film series.Most of this is explained much better in my description if one must have an in depth set of reasons/how I am interested.

I was only recently notified by a friend that there was a more local garrison nearby when previously I would have never thought anyone around here was interested. I have been working on achieving piece after piece for my Scout trooper armor and getting the one final rank piece for my Imperial Officer(which is more complete). I felt that becoming more involved in the forums and groups would connect me to more users who have like interest and would be much more help in helping me live my dream of being among the ranks AND representing it in a fun, yet professional manner.I have always loved to put smiles on peoples faces from all walks of life, much like me being involved in those fandoms so this would be a wonderful experience!!

I do sincerely hope I can be a great addition to what could be my extended family.

~For the Empire!

post-1736-0-70588200-1443719552_thumb.jp

Welcome to the Star Wars/Midsouth Garrison/501st family. There are plenty of people in this region with a great passion of Star Wars. There are sections on the forums where you can buy items for costumes or just get information on how to. Most of the garrisons have "armor parties" where everyone gets together to do costuming, how to, talk about up coming events, eat, get to know each other, etc..

Welcome! Great to see you on the forum! Our Memphis area has really been picking up lately, I am sure you'll meet some amazing folks here.

It has been rather quiet. I am not too sure where to start. It has been extremely difficult to find people who could help with the final piece of my imperial outfit. It could be a start. I was looking for rank that isn't a foam and plastic in accurate disaster. Is there an area I can post? both the 501 officer forum and this one have been more quiet than I was aware. but I am not sure.Most are all armor folks that have no idea where to look. I have sewn my cumberbund for my scout trooper, but I like to complete one piece at a time.

Tambo is in Clarksville and makes rank bars... message him here or you can find him on Facebook.

Hello and welcome! I live in Southaven. We have regular armor parties at the Olive Branch library if you want to join us sometime.

Hello & welcome!

Like Justin said come join us at the Olive Branch library.

The next one is scheduled for Oct 18 at 2.

Hello and welcome! I live in Southaven. We have regular armor parties at the Olive Branch library if you want to join us sometime.

Man I was at an event yesterday that I had to be a part of. that would have been great to attend. I know next time to have my phone data on heheh.

Man I was at an event yesterday that I had to be a part of. that would have been great to attend. I know next time to have my phone data on heheh.

Stay in touch. We would be happy to see you out at an event as a handler until your costume(s) are ready for trooping.