alexmorris21

Whats up from West TN?

Hey everyone, I am Alex Morris. I am wanting to join the 501st and build my own costume, which has yet to be determined. I am in the blizzard force forums, biker scout forums, and currently waiting on my registering request to be approved for the jolly rodger squadron. I have never built an accurate costume to get any kind of approval but I have built, what I call, my "everyday Darth Malgus" costume. I didn't go for accuracy just the general look and feel of the character as it was my first build. (pics below) I live in a little town called Medina, TN. Just north of a bigger city called Jackson. I was referred to this forum by Edwin the GML. I would like to be a part of this discussion board because one day I will have my costume built and ready to troop, and I want to be aware of the events taking place in this Garrison`s area. I was informed of an event taking place in Jackson, the city just south of me, on January 30 and 31st I believe and I would love to sign up and come out to meet some of you!

post-1780-0-75263600-1451977737_thumb.jp

post-1780-0-51808900-1451977763_thumb.jp

Good to see you interested. sounds like your doing your research b4 you decide. Welcome

Thanks guys! I found the event thread with the calendar attached, and I saw that most of the events in 2016 are in the early months of the year. Is that because there is just not that many events planned this year or do events just typically get planned a month or so in advance?

Good to see you interested. sounds like your doing your research b4 you decide. Welcome

Oh yes. I have been doing a bunch of research. I think I have decided on the scout trooper though. Don't hold me to it but that's what it is looking like so far. I wanted to go for the First order Tie or snowie because I really like the helmet designs for them better than the OT counterparts, but after some research, it doesn't look like they will be 501st ready for a pretty good while.

Welcome to the MSG and hope to see you at the con in Jackson!

Yessir! if all goes planned Ill be there. Do you know if I need to sign up on the event thread for it or should I just show up and find you guys since I'm not a member yet?

Thanks guys! I found the event thread with the calendar attached, and I saw that most of the events in 2016 are in the early months of the year. Is that because there is just not that many events planned this year or do events just typically get planned a month or so in advance?

Oh yes. I have been doing a bunch of research. I think I have decided on the scout trooper though. Don't hold me to it but that's what it is looking like so far. I wanted to go for the First order Tie or snowie because I really like the helmet designs for them better than the OT counterparts, but after some research, it doesn't look like they will be 501st ready for a pretty good while.

stuff pops up weekly in the events thread. a lot of times for something a month out. Also check different event threads, they dont always get on the main one. Theirs always a lot of trooping to do. I average 1 event a month since I started hanging out with the MSG.

That's good news! I was kinda getting worried that this area wasn't going to be all that busy with events. Are the other threads near the main one with the calendar in it?