princessleiafan290

Greetings from Memphis

Hello everyone! I'm Shannon and it's really nice to meet ya'll. A friend of mine introduced me to this group. I want to join because I am a HUGE fan of Star Wars. I also heard that this group is involved in charity groups and I love charity work. Helping people out is a huge passion of mine. The costume that I want to make is Princess Leia's Senatorial Gown because I think it is a lovely costume and because Princess Leia is my favorite character. I am really excited about all of this and I am happy to join.

Welcome Shannon! The southern fried pop culture / comic con is coming up at the Jackson, TN. convention center in a couple weeks(1/30-1/31). There will be many of us attending and working the 501st Midsouth Garrison table. If u can, come on down and meet everyone!

Hey there, welcome! If you're looking to do a Leia costume, make sure you check out our sister group the Rebel Legion, the Corellian Base is Tennessee and Kentucky. A bunch of us are dual members

Welcome! glad to have u. I joined for the same reason.

Thank you everyone for the welcomes. I am really excited about joining this group. FallenJedi, thank you for the tutorial. That really helps. Do you know where I could get a good fabric for the dress?

Hey Shannon! I live in Southaven just a jump and skip over the tennessee/mississippi stateline. There are several members in the area, including a couple of Leia's. As they have mentioned before, Leia is a "good guy" character that is handled through the sister orginization the Rebel Legion. If you do join them, you would be welcome to almost all events that the 501st Legion attends. Maybe we can get you interested in a "bad guy" costume to be in both groups sometime in the future. I hope to meet you soon! There are many events between either Memphis or north Mississippi.

Keep an eye on the MSG-RRG Joint Ops event section for upcoming events in the Memphis area.

Thank you everyone for the welcomes. I am really excited about joining this group. FallenJedi, thank you for the tutorial. That really helps. Do you know where I could get a good fabric for the dress?

That's not a costume I've personally made ;) but if you get registered on the Rebel Legion boards everyone there is very helpful. Be sure to make an into post like you did here on the both detachment section and the local Corellian Base section. If I can be of any help just let me know :duim:

Hey Justin! It's nice to meet you and it's nice to be apart of this group. I am going to start working on my Princess Leia costume and get it done by sometime in either April or May. I may not be done until June. But, I am excited to be apart of this and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Welcome to the MSG. If I'm wrong some one correct me, but I'm pretty sure you can tag along with us to events as a handler if you decide to. Like Justin said the Memphis area events will be posted in the MSG-RRG joint ops section.

Thank you Cayoke. I would love to tag along to some events. I was looking on the MSG event page and I saw that they are having an event out in Collierville in April. I also saw an event for a roller derby and that sounded like fun to me. I am excited about all these events and I can't wait to come to them once my costume is finished.

You are welcome at any events, Shannon.. Seeing how everything comes together up close was a huge benefit for me.