Hi everyone, my name is Dennis Box and i live in Horn Lake,MS. I am currently starting work on my Kylo Ren costume. Just started on my helmet and my soft parts should all arrive in the next week, I've been talking to other 501st members from the Kylo Ren costuming group on Facebook and everyone has been super cool and helpful.

You guys have some really awesome costumes and hopefully mine turns out half as good! :)

Thank you, I am definitely using that as my references. Though I know it's still in progress. Dawn Bright is very active and helpful in the Kylo building group!

Looking through these forums, you guys do some excellent work around here. I'm also wanting to build a first order trooper but that will be much later on.

You can also check out the sith lord forums if you haven't already! There are some awesome Kylo builds in there!

You can also check out the sith lord forums if you haven't already! There are some awesome Kylo builds in there!

Thanks! I can't seem to find the Sith Lord forums here, I've only seen the general costuming one. Could you give a link please?

Thanks! I can't seem to find the Sith Lord forums here, I've only seen the general costuming one. Could you give a link please?

Hello!

You have to go to 501stsithlords.com

Hello!

You have to go to 501stsithlords.com

What he said ^^

Its another forum similar to this one. It holds pretty much all the 501st approved sith costumes. People on there create build threads and discussion threads. Its an active forum so there should be a lot of help there for you!

What's up Dennis? If you have any Kylo related questions, you can PM me or consult my thread in the Sith Lord Detachment Forums. Always happy to help!

http://forum.501stsithlords.com/index.php?act=idx

Just sign up here and make a intro like you did here. Lots of knowledge over there!

Hey Dennis! Good to see some north Mississippians. I am in Southaven! Feel free to look me up on Facebook or contact me here if you have any questions. Residing in Mississippi, you will be under the Rancor Raiders Garrison with me. Keep us updated with your progress! We would love to have you out as a handler at any event. Check out the MSG-RRG's Joint Ops section here on the forums for events in and around Memphis.

Thanks for all the info! I'll definitely be checking out the Sith forums. I'm definitely going to need some tips as i go along.

Justin, that's awesome! I knew there were a couple members around the Memphis area but no idea we had any in Desoto County! Will most definitely be in contact with you soon!

I'll post what I have so far later on today. I received most of the soft parts yesterday. I'm missing the starkiller mid coat but found the fabric I need at Joannes by my house.

This is my first build so I have absolutely zero confidence in everything I'm doing. :)

I've been doing my homework on this costume for months now. Reading stuff online is easy enough, hands on though... some of this feels a bit overwhelming.

Glad I found you guys, I'll definitely have plenty of questions to go around. :)

Dont worry man, just take the costume one piece at a time. Trust me, it wont be long before that overwhelming feeling turns into a feeling of accomplishment!

I was in your boat just a few short months ago and now I am an approved member. I had built Halloween costumes but nothing to this degree. Its a challenge, but like everything else that takes hard work to get, it will be worth every moment of work and every penny spent when you walk out of the changing room for the first time at your first event! Everyone will want pictures with you and will be smiling or laughing all because you decided to build an awesome costume!

If you start trooping in the Memphis area, look out for a snow commander because I will most likely be there! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Thanks for all the info! I'll definitely be checking out the Sith forums. I'm definitely going to need some tips as i go along.

Justin, that's awesome! I knew there were a couple members around the Memphis area but no idea we had any in Desoto County! Will most definitely be in contact with you soon!

I'll post what I have so far later on today. I received most of the soft parts yesterday. I'm missing the starkiller mid coat but found the fabric I need at Joannes by my house.

This is my first build so I have absolutely zero confidence in everything I'm doing. :)

I've been doing my homework on this costume for months now. Reading stuff online is easy enough, hands on though... some of this feels a bit overwhelming.

Glad I found you guys, I'll definitely have plenty of questions to go around. :)

We also hold armor parties fairly regular. Usually the 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month at the Olive Branch library from 2p-6p. Occasionally if there is an event or major holiday it may be cancelled. I mention that because there may be one cancelled next month. Either way, these would be a great opportunity to come out and introduce yourself and bring your gear to work on. Generally we work on our costumes, props, watch movies, and munch on snack foods.