MidSouth Garrison
Baegl

Hello from Nashville

Hi there, newly joined today to the Midsouth Garrison. My name is Barret Tomb, fresh from my college town of Chattanooga where there was a fantastic 501st presence, and am now a resident of Nashville. I've always been a great fan since first seeing the 501st gather in Star Wars Celebration VI, ever since I've looked to someday join. Yet I was never able to truly afford to join the 501st or even take the time to costuming. Now I want to take the chance and see what I can do to build myself a Scout Trooper or Stormtrooper uniform. Worst case, I have a new community to talk Star Wars with.

My name is Edwin Gay and I am currently serving as the Garrison Membership Liaison officer in the MidSouth (Tennessee/Kentucky) Garrison. I'll be glad to help you out with any questions you might have in joining what is known as the "world's definitive Imperial costuming organization." My job is to assist you along the path as you build your costume and get you fully approved  in the 501st Legion.

If you are considering building your own Star Wars villain costume in any of the accepted categories of the 501st Legion, I recommend that you visit a 501st Legion Detachment message forum. Our Detachments focus on individual costume categories and offer the best information available for constructing your own detailed costume. While official Legion membership can only be achieved through the completion and verification of your costume, participation on our Detachment forums is open to the public. If you are considering a Star Wars hero, Jedi, or Rebel costume, I recommend you visit our sister organization, the Rebel Legion.
 The list of 501st Detachments can be found here:

To join the 501st Legion, you must be 18 years old or older and possess a ready to wear, professional quality "bad guy" costume from the Star Wars universe. 

Step one is just to verify that you are over 18 years old

Step two is where you fill out the official 501st Legion Application Form to apply for membership located here: http://www.501st.com/members/join_form.cfm

Step three is where I am notified that you have submitted a membership application and then I help you with any questions that you may have.

Costumes in the 501st are grouped into categories (TK for stormtroopers, CC for clone commanders, etc...). 
Each costume has a reference guide that contains pictures of the costume, a detailed description of the parts, and requirements for 501st membership. As you build your costume, confirm that each detail matches the Costume Requirements List (CRL) from here:

After those steps have been completed and your movie quality costume is complete and ready for submission, I then ask you for your imperial identification pictures. Imperial identification pictures: You will need to have six pictures taken of you alone in your costume - one "action shot" with your helmet on (if applicable) and one with your helmet off. I also need a front, back, and each side view. The pictures must be of a high quality and high resolution and must show the entire costume. No partial pictures taken at a convention in a crowd, no photoshopped or altered pictures are allowed. They need to be raw, well lit, full length pictures - one with the helmet on (if applicable) and one with the helmet off. Again, please make sure you are standing against a plain background and that all pictures show you in the entire costume from top to bottom. Pictures taken outside in daylight seem to give the best results. 

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Edwin TK5707/CC5707
Garrison Membership Liaison 
MidSouth  Garrison of the 501st Legion
Long Live the Empire!