MidSouth Garrison
Sign in to follow this  
ajbroadbent

Hello from Tullahoma

Hello MidSouth,

My name is Andrew Broadbent, and I am a prospective 501st applicant. I have a Grand Admiral uniform that I, with help from mom, put together a few years back and have been slowly bringing it up to spec. It's now ready to go, and I just need pictures so I can submit my application. I have some pictures over at the IOC forums from when I was working on it, but I haven't updated in quite some time as life got real busy for a while afterwards. I first heard of the 501st way back around when it first formed, though I can't say I've consistently followed it since as I was much younger at the time. When I started getting into costuming about 5 years ago, it didn't take long for me to set my sights on joining the ranks of the 501st, and so here I am. 

I am currently in my second year of my Master's program in Aerospace Engineering at UTSI in Tullahoma, TN, where I'm also working as a Graduate Research Assistant. I started my undergrad in Mechanical Engineering at Boston University, and finished in 2013 at Lipscomb in Nashville. I spent 2 years working at a small oil tech company in Houston before deciding to continue my pursuit of Aerospace Engineering. Now that I'm through my first year and fairly settled in, I've been getting back into costuming when I can. 

Welcome Andrew.

I've worked in Tullahoma at UTAS for the past 12 years.  We are having a massive layoff in April though so I will be let go.

Are you planning on working at AEDC when you graduated?

On 2/6/2017 at 6:35 AM, Laserbrain said:

Welcome Andrew.

I've worked in Tullahoma at UTAS for the past 12 years.  We are having a massive layoff in April though so I will be let go.

Are you planning on working at AEDC when you graduated?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I haven't really done much work with them, personally, and I'm just getting started on my thesis so I'm keeping my options open.