LordVykous

Greetings from Knoxville TN

Greetings my name is James Henley and I have been looking at joining for quite a while now. I am currently in the Knoxville area and am currently working on getting a Darth Revan costume done. That is currently on the way. Once it does arrive I shall be submitting it for approval. One question I do have is with his main lightsaber on the crl. I tried to get where I ordered it to put the brass/ gold metallic accent to the pommel but was sent one that has the black instead. Is there anyone who can or knows how to fix this oversight or would I be ok the way it is? Thanks in advance for any extra information about this and I look forward to submitting and hopefully joining your ranks. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the Garrison! Im sure you could paint it right? Just find the right color on the SL detachment. 

I'm hoping so. But I'm wondering if getting it powder coated may be better and if there is anyone who knows where I can take it or someone who can do it. I have no experience with that yet. 

Welcome!

Thank you just waiting for my armor to arrive and will be submitting after everything gets here and I get it situated.

Welcome to the Garrison and I like to introduce myself I am the Senior Events Coordinator. I am of also in charge of the East Tennessee area for events if you like to attend an event please feel free to come for we could always use handlers and it will help you get the feel on what we do. 

Greetings my name is James Henley and I have been looking at joining for quite a while now. I am currently in the Knoxville area and am currently working on getting a Darth Revan costume done. That is currently on the way. Once it does arrive I shall be submitting it for approval. One question I do have is with his main lightsaber on the crl. I tried to get where I ordered it to put the brass/ gold metallic accent to the pommel but was sent one that has the black instead. Is there anyone who can or knows how to fix this oversight or would I be ok the way it is? Thanks in advance for any extra information about this and I look forward to submitting and hopefully joining your ranks. 

If you want it plated Goldstar Chroming did a great job on my Twin Darth Sidious Saber Hilts 319bf4c8633e9e0b0266fdf3cce3e989.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also a Sith Lord James please PM and I'll give you my contact info for Knoxville trooping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So just giving an update according to Etsy my MWA Revan kit should ship or be here around the 28th. So as soon as it does come in I shall be taking the pics for submission for it. So here's hoping that soon I shall be joining your prestigious ranks.  

Update on my Revan. I have been trying to get it set up right and have been working too. Trying to get everything right and ready soon. I am still looking for a seamstress to put the final touches on the soft parts in the Knoxville area. I also have all of the upgrade stuff minus the single closed bracers which I would like to see if any of you all had any ideas to make the clamshell bracers work for that. I figured since most of you have delt with the tk parts that you all may be able to help advise on how to achieve this as I'm going for both the general approval as well as the flagship eclipse as well. I figured if you are going to do it then get it all in one shot lol. 

while I am not familiar with the details on the Revan suit, I am very familiar with turning clamshell parts into a single piece. Most people use bondo, then sand and paint over it. I find bondo to be a little to fragile, but if the pieces fit together well and there is no stress on the bond area it should be fine. I have had better luck with Marine fiberglass epoxy. There is a big boat supply store by west town mall that carries it. it is a light grey putty surrounded by a dark green putty, comes in a tube in cylinder shape. you cut pieces off and mush them together, apply to cover the seam gap, sand if needed then paint. whether you use it or the bondo, make sure to "shim the 2 pieces together underneath with strips of scrap plastic.

hope this helps

Update: Almost there a few tweaks to the soft parts and finally will be able to send the application in.