Nerfherder2000

Question about Boots.

Hello everybody. I am currently working on a Tie Fighter Pilot uniform and wondering the best place to find boots. I see different online places but would like to try them on before I buy and also what is a good price to pay?

Thanks Chris

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You can use German Jack boots which are on ebay or WW2 Tanker boots on ebay also. You can also find them on Trouper boots website too. There should be a list here on the getting started threads as well

German jackboots will cost some serious bucks new. There's some used ones and lookalikes on eBay as well. I was fortunate enough to find some tall black leather boots at the Marti/Liz store I mentioned above. They were slightly used and still $100 because they're genuine leather. Just have to keep an eye out if you want to keep the budget low on the boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had decent luck at soviet boots if you have a regular sized foot. I always say don't cheap out on footwear, get the best you can.

http://www.sovietboots.com

Thanks for the information! I have started on my costume and will try to join as a Reserve Tie Pilot and finish as a full pilot.

Hope you're making progress. Sorry I'm a bit late in replying, but there are other options as well. I was able to get approval using Engineer boots. The 'trick' with the engineer boot is to find a brand that has no logos or other embossing visible. The secondary consideration is boot tread patterns. There's some that have an aggressive tread pattern that's visible on the edges, and I was told would not likely pass muster.  Look into the 'Durango' brand engineer boot if you can't find any of the others mentioned. You will need to remove the bridge strap and buckle, but they are plain, smooth surfaced (no pebbling) and virtually logo free. Soles are non-aggressive, and they run true to size. Found mine on ebay on sale for $75 shipped brand new.  Best of luck in your search efforts. 

Thanks!!, just looked at some online and not bad priced.