Baron41

Hello from Memphis TN

Hello, 

Thanks for having me. 

My name is Alex D.

I have no 501st, Rebel Legion, or other costuming group affliation(s).... yet.

I am currently in Memphis, TN

I learned about you in my quest to find stormtrooper armor and how to get started in the garrison. 

I am requesting access because I would love to become involved and share the experience with others, both in fundraising events, and awareness at local cons.

I would really like some input on size vs the type of trooper. I'm 5'10" and 235. Line backer shoulders with a gut. Lol. I've read that with modification, TK armor would fit, but I'm pretty green when it comes to builds. I work well off instructions, but getting parts and saying "ok, go" usualy turns into a failure. So... help me Midsouth garrison, you're probably my only hope. Now, on to look at more posts about armor.

**Edit after searching - Ok, I've decided on TK armor, but where do I find kits for sale? No ebay. I've looked at Anovo, whitearmor.net and other forums, but most are either old posts or vague shady posts. Where do you guys get your armor? Or more specifically, from who? 

Welcome friend! :)

I'm sure there is plenty of people that can help around where you live

Walt's Trooper Factory may be a good start for a TK kit of your liking

Hey Alex!  Good to have you around. We have quite a few in Memphis, including myself.  Do you use Facebook?  We chat casually there with locals in Memphis.  In the mean time, be sure to do some research on the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detatchments forum (FISD) www.whitearmor.net

Hey Alex!

The FISD forums will be your best resource for anything TK related. Super helpful folks there. 

Here's a thread from the forum that should help. It's a list the vetted armor makers that build armors acceptable for the 501st. There are two armor makers that specifically build armor for larger builds, they are AM and RTMod. Here is the link, both makers are listed under the "fan sculpt" section:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Hey !

Welcome! 

We get to together on the first and third Sunday of each month at the library in Olive Branch from 2 to 6 p.m. to work on our costumes and help each other.  you are welcome to join us. We can help you get started. 

As Justin has said do your research. 

many options out there but not all armor will fit just anyone. Some are small some large .

Welcome Alex!

Hope to see you at an armor party soon!

We'll have to get you to tag along to an event and see what all we do!

Hey Alex, welcome! We actually have 2 events this Saturday if youre interested in coming out.

Theres one in the morning at the Childrens Museum and one in the afternoon/evening at a rollerderby game (by the Liberty Bowl). I can get you more details if you want, just let me know!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk