Zhaana

Hi from Knoxville, TN

Hi, I'm Britta from Knoxville. I’m very new here and wanted to give a quick hello! I’m a lifelong Star Wars fan but have only recently heard about the 501st and trooping. The more I learned, the more I got interested. I don’t actually know any members, but last weekend I met some of you at the fanboy expo and we talked a little bit. Everyone was incredibly nice and supportive, even with how busy it was at the table. Erik and Michael pointed me to this forum and encouraged me to sign up, so here I am!

I’ve done a bit research about the costumes and I’m thinking about putting together a Tie Fighter Pilot. I already ordered a flight suit and the belt, I’m pretty excited!

Welcome friend :)

Feel free to ask for any assistance here if you need any help! 

Hey newbie here also in Knoxville. I am working on my TK kit right now. I hope to meet some Knoxville folks soon myself. I was at FanBoy also and had a great time talking to the 501st folks there. 

Welcome! I'm working on a Tie Fighter reserve pilot costume. Kingsport

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

On 7/3/2017 at 4:42 PM, Zhaana said:

Hi, I'm Britta from Knoxville. I’m very new here and wanted to give a quick hello! I’m a lifelong Star Wars fan but have only recently heard about the 501st and trooping. The more I learned, the more I got interested. I don’t actually know any members, but last weekend I met some of you at the fanboy expo and we talked a little bit. Everyone was incredibly nice and supportive, even with how busy it was at the table. Erik and Michael pointed me to this forum and encouraged me to sign up, so here I am!

I’ve done a bit research about the costumes and I’m thinking about putting together a Tie Fighter Pilot. I already ordered a flight suit and the belt, I’m pretty excited!

Welcome to the MSG 501st forum.  :)  Glad you have found a costume that you'd like to put together.  Sounds like there will be a few new TIE Pilots in the Knoxville area.  There are lots of people that can provide advise on where to get and not to get things.

If you haven't picked a specific version of the TIE pilot, here is the CRL for the basic Pilot specs:  http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TI_TIE_Pilot_ANH

You might also want to consider starting with the TIE Reserve Pilot costume since you can use it until you get your full pilot done... and it happens to be a lot of what you'd already need for the pilot anyway in terms of boot, belt, and suit: http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TI_reserve_pilot

• Like 1

Welcome! I agree with all Michael said. The black flight suit is the base piece for about five different costumes and is a great starter for the beginner trooper. 

Welcome!  Nice to see more Knoxville folks looking to join.  Can't have too many TIE Pilots, IMO!  :tie:

On 7/3/2017 at 7:53 PM, trinity5614 said:

Hey newbie here also in Knoxville. I am working on my TK kit right now. I hope to meet some Knoxville folks soon myself. I was at FanBoy also and had a great time talking to the 501st folks there. 

This is exciting to see more of us here in Knoxville (maybe we can renew the discussion of a new squad).  If you need any supplies, feel free to hit me up, it doesn't make sense for every TK to have to buy $10 worth of paint for chest buttons.

Welcome to the Midsouth Garrison, and we have a number of great people within the Knoxville area who will be glad to help you on your path down to membership.