R. S. Pylman

Howdy from Knoxville, TN

Howdy, y'all.

My name is Regan; I'm a life-long (and second generation) SciFi fan.  In 197-something, I watched Star Wars in the cinema with my mother -- we lived in a very rural area of Arizona and had to drive two hours to find a cinema where it was playing.  Last year, I watched Episode VII in the same company, and we didn't have to drive nearly as far! Progress!

I've lived in Knoxville for about five years, now.  I'm a medically retired nurse, and my health issues keep me from being as active as I'd like.  But I'm working on putting together a Qui Gon Jinn costume to join the Rebel Legion (sorry; I've never been a fan of the Empire). Over on the RL forums, I was advised to sign up for these fora as well -- apparently there are more darksiders than light in Knoxville?

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all, and I hope to meet at least some of you in person before too terribly long.

Welcome!

Welcome, you're about the 4th new person in Knoxville in the last couple months.  Since you don't have full access, you probably haven't seen the event calendar.  If you'd like to meet some of us, we'll be at BrickUniverse next weekend.

Knoxville / Maryville here too. Glad to hear there's a lot of new interest living out this way! 

And... I missed the lego con.  Sorry. <_<

On a slightly tangential note, it seems to me that the fora both for this group and for the rebel legion are very... low activity.  Other than Facebook, which I refuse to use, is there a more popular / used communication channel?

Welcome and good luck on your Qui Gon build!

You will gain additional access to our boards when you gain RL membership which is only slightly less than full 501st member access. We do actually use Facebook a lot as well, but anything important event wise would be posted on this forum as well.

Welcome! My wife and I live in Seymour, just moved from Knoxville. Next event in Knoxville that we'll be at is Fanboy. Yeah the forums are good for events but pretty much everything else happens on Facebook and yes we are much more Imperial biased. Good luck and maybe one day you'll see the light and join The Empire!

• Like 1

On 8/15/2017 at 8:41 PM, R. S. Pylman said:

Thank you both.  

Goodness, Megajelly; you posted a whole slew of those at once! 8)

Yep. I tend to do this every month or so when I get time. Doing it now lol.