MidSouth Garrison

Just curious about how our Troops from Mid South Garrison finally made their decision on which armor to get for their 1st build!!! Please drop your testimony on each of your final decision. To be more clear,  I'm really struggling with which maker, TM, WTF, ANVOS, ETC. Each of these can be 501ST, EIB, or Centurion approved. I'm not really struggling with my size either being 5'6 185lbs, even though I will be a little short to be a stormtrooper,  considering Mark Hamill is 5'9. I've been to whitearmour and all other forums studying about different armor reading and studying,  again it is the makers I can't decide. Hoping you can share a word if you guys had the same struggle!!!!!!

I looked around and spoke with people on the forums and FB. I finally went with WTF just because the FB group made me feel more welcome and more involved with helping with questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked around and spoke with people on the forums and FB. I finally went with WTF just because the FB group made me feel more welcome and more involved with helping with questions.

Thank you Asher!!!!! That is great insight, again thank you for your reply and time!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Any time. Best to do your home work and be comfortable with who you spend money with.

I used WTF because I wouldnt have to wait a year to get my stormtrooper armor

I used WTF because I wouldnt have to wait a year to get my stormtrooper armor
Yeah that totally makes sense, I have heard of some pretty ridiculous long anticipation for BBB Day!!!!! Thank you soooooooo much Edwacoo, my fellow Murfreesboro Trooper!!!!!

I would absolutely recommend Walts kits. Only complaint I have is the chest piece is a little small, so if you are a bigger trooper, may not look right on you. Ah! if you are in M'boro, Let me know if I can help you!

I would absolutely recommend Walts kits. Only complaint I have is the chest piece is a little small, so if you are a bigger trooper, may not look right on you. Ah! if you are in M'boro, Let me know if I can help you!
Oh, believe me, I already thought about picking your brain about builds!!!!! I live at Brentmeade Drive by the VA Hospital. Thank you for opening the door to ask questions if needed!!! This will be my first build and been studying for 13 months now and i'm ready

I am not. my TK is a regular one, not a Sandy. I know those of us that have a Sand trooper would probably be on there.

I am not. my TK is a regular one, not a Sandy. I know those of us that have a Sand trooper would probably be on there.

Oh ok, well that makes sense. It was the first time I've seen that thread and didn't sign up, just wasn't sure what it was about. Thank you for the info.

Its entirely up to you what kind of trooper you want to do! Sandy, regular, etc will effect what detachment you fall under.

Wanted to be a TK since forever, but the price point kept me out of it so hen Anovos did their pre-order, I jumped on it.  From what I hear these days though, the wait time isn't worth it anymore as they ship Disney orders before direct ones.  I waited almost a year, but I hear there's people approaching 3.

Update. My BBB Day is in route I found out today. I ended up going with WTF. A friend in our Garrison explained that most troopers are more experienced with WTF armor. Yeah I saw a guy ordered from Anvos and received year and a half later. Ouch

Well, at least they eventually get it... :) 

One school of thought I have seen taken is to build the clean TK and use it for a while.  As it gets dirty or scuffed, it gets closer to a Sandtrooper.  I'm not an armor expert by any means, but as long as there are not too many differences between the standard TK armor and the armor for a sandy, this also buys you time to acquire or build the other components for a full sandy: back pack, pauldron, ammo pouches, heavy blaster rifle maybe, etc.  While you are saving up for those, or getting the pieces ready, you can troop in the clean TK.

One thing about trooping events is that you can never have too many TK's (or Sandtroopers for that matter).  So either one will fit in well in any event. :trooper: