MidSouth Garrison
Katye

Hello from Mt. Juliet

Hi All- I am Katye and I am currently in Mt Juliet but been a Nashville resident for most of my life. I am a potential new member once I decide on what kit to get and build. I am starting early on joining all the forums so that I can grab whatever knowledge I need to build a TK. I am excited and nervous at the same time because of information overload from research. 

• Like 1

Hey welcome! There's a few of us in MJ! I host armor parties sometimes, you're welcome to come by and see what people are working on to try and figure out what you like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have access to the calendar of events, you could also come out to a few of them to get to know the troopers, see how they made their kits or assembled their costumes, gain some knowledge on where to get or not get components from in person, etc.  They often look (nearly) identical on the outside, but everyone has their own system that best works for them, so seeing a few versions of each costume might give you ideas for your own.

Many of us, including me, came out to events as a helper/handler for several events before I decided how or what costume to start with.  :)  Depending on what times you'd be available, there are likely some events coming up within the next few months in the greater Nashville area (including Clarksville) as well as surrounding areas.  Check the calendar of events regularly... since we add them as we get requests... which can be quite often.

Hey welcome! There's a few of us in MJ! I host armor parties sometimes, you're welcome to come by and see what people are working on to try and figure out what you like!

That sounds awesome. Next time there’s one I’ll definitely join so that I can figure out what to expect and do. I tried getting out to the ICCC last weekend but time was not on my side.

• Like 1

Hello there is an event this saturday at the Nissan Stadium if you would like to join and give us a hand.

Hello there is an event this saturday at the Nissan Stadium if you would like to join and give us a hand.

Will there still be an event if it rains like they are calling for? If so what time is the event?

On 9/19/2018 at 3:35 PM, Lord_Kosh said:

If you have access to the calendar of events, you could also come out to a few of them to get to know the troopers, see how they made their kits or assembled their costumes, gain some knowledge on where to get or not get components from in person, etc.  They often look (nearly) identical on the outside, but everyone has their own system that best works for them, so seeing a few versions of each costume might give you ideas for your own.

Many of us, including me, came out to events as a helper/handler for several events before I decided how or what costume to start with.  :)  Depending on what times you'd be available, there are likely some events coming up within the next few months in the greater Nashville area (including Clarksville) as well as surrounding areas.  Check the calendar of events regularly... since we add them as we get requests... which can be quite often.

I have access to the Mos Nooga and the Twin Suns but not seeing anything in the Nashville Area. Is that a forum just given to 501st members?

1 hour ago, Katye said:

I have access to the Mos Nooga and the Twin Suns but not seeing anything in the Nashville Area. Is that a forum just given to 501st members?

You don't see one called Music City Squad (Greater Nashville Area)?  The other ones in the general Middle TN and surrounding areas not within a specific squad jurisdictions are just in the one that says Midsouth Garrison Events.  These should both be within the same "Events" section of the forum, but I don't know if the permissions are set differently for those sub-sections.

On 9/19/2018 at 3:01 PM, MxPxRobbie said:

Robbie, are recruits able to see the MCS and general MSG event sections in either the forum or the event calendar?  I don't know if the settings are different for these.

I see the general one and the other two I mentioned above. Nothing for Music City Squad :/

I have ordered my TK armor hopefully it is in in the next couple of weeks.