Fuelrush

Hello from Tri-cities!

Hello! My name is Justin Dougherty. I'm live in the Tri-Cities. I can't remember exactly how I came across the 501st. Likely from prop replica groups. I'm also on the Knights of Ren Facebook group. I'm here because I'm interested in the 501st. I'm putting together a Kylo Ren TFA costume. I've never seen a troop in person and don't know anyone who has done it. So its a little foreign to me but I'm trying to learn as much as I can. It all started visiting Kylo at Disney and my kids reaction was priceless. I started with 3D printed helmet for display. Then decided to wear it for Halloween with a xCoser costume. It was so much fun I wanted to keep upping the quality and phase out the Halloween costume. It was a blast having people wanting photos. So far the quality items I have are the Black Series Saber, Disney Parks Saber, Helmet, Endor Finders Gloves, Micom Voice Rig, also a HyperCom Voice Changer. I'm doing all the research on the soft parts now. Likely ordering boots next. Thanks!

Welcome
I just finished my Reserve Tie Pilot costume and working toward my Tie Pilot costume. Tri Cities also.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hi guys!

Nice to see some more Tri folks! I'm in Church Hill! Currently working on an Iden Versio kit.

We do have a nice local group that meet up for armor parties, the local conventions, and just hanging out. Feel free to PM me and we'll see about getting y'all in touch with the others!

Welcome aboard!

welcome, if you are able I highly suggest coming out to Fanboy Expo in July, a lot of the Garrison will be there, give you a chance to meet a lot of us in person and talk shop :) 

I was checking out fanboys expos site tonight and thought you guys might be there! Great! I’ve never been to Rob Con but wondered if anyone goes to it.

Well I pulled the trigger. Custom taylored soft parts and boots. Sadly I won’t see soft parts till end of August and boots till October. Should be 100% done and good to go then for 501st.

Rob-con, yeah it's a nice little con. Most of us locals show up. Noticed there were several new folks from the tri-cities on this thread. Would suggest coming out to rob con and meeting the rest of the tri-cities group. Some are rarely on this forum as we are on the VA side, but try to keep up with the TN troops.

Look forward to meeting ya'll!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk