ItsAGrayDay

Hello from Memphis area!

Hello everyone!

This is my first ever contact with anyone in the 501st. I have been making cosplay things for several years now but recently finished a shoretrooper squad leader.

I feel like it looks really good and I enjoyed wearing it so much at trunk or treat event this past Sunday that I want to wear this more than once a year and bring smiles to more kids (and adults) faces.

It is homemade with eva foam (98% of it at least with some 3d printed additions) so I don't know if that will even get me in the door for 501st approval. 

IMG_20211015_112658738-min (1).jpg

Hi there Timothy, and welcome to the boards! Foam builds are super tricky and you did a great job! Unfortunately, the guidelines for 501st membership mean the costume has to be hard plastic or fiberglass. 3D printed is cool of course too. This is to match what is on-screen. 

Hit us up if you have any more questions!

Robbie

Thank you Robbie for the warm welcome and information. I understand the reasoning for the guidelines. This is something I will have to shoot for!

• Like 1

I agree, it looks good.  I'm no expert on shoretroopers though, so I thought I'd let someone else cover that. :) 

Thank you. Unfortunately eva foam is not approved for acceptance in the 501st.

That's ok. I'll have to shift my focus to making another one that is within the requirements.

Even if you don't want to remake your shoretrooper for the 501st. there are other costumes you could work on... and save your shoretrooper for when you are outside the garrison and not trooping official events.  It still looks nice, it just isn't screen accurate for the 501st.  If you have not already found it, you can browse for other options in the Costume Reference Library, or CRL for short:  https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLbyname