Russ

Hello from Knoxville

Hey everyone! My name is Russ and I live in Knoxville. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting many 501st Legion members at different comic conventions and everyone I’ve had the pleasure to meet has been amazing. I wanted to place membership before the pandemic hit, so obviously that was put on hold for awhile. But now that things are starting to get back to normal I would really love to become a member! I look forward to talking and hopefully meeting everyone. 

Russ

Hey Russ.  I live in Maryville.  Please keep in touch if you want help with building your armor - TK, I assume?  We need more troopers in this area!

To answer your question, I think I was able to delete one of the three posts. 

Ron

Hi Ron! I’ve submitted my application, but not sure how long it may take. I do have a question though. Who/where do I need to send photo to for approval? 

Any other helpful advice/info would be greatly appreciated. 

Russ 

D7370C27-A55B-4D7E-B384-FB3D87409BA3.jpeg

Edited by Russ
Added more to post

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Hi Ron! I’ve submitted my application, but not sure how long it may take. I do have a question though. Who/where do I need to send photo to for approval? 

Any other helpful advice/info would be greatly appreciated. 

Russ 

D7370C27-A55B-4D7E-B384-FB3D87409BA3.jpeg

Looks great!  Although, I don't think the Buffalo Mountain shirt is CRL  :)  You'd have to go through the local garrison Liaison Officer.  We just had a shake up at some positions, but I think it's updated if you look at the STAFF link.  The Garrison Membership Liaison is CrazyMarlin.  His e-mail is there.  Any trouble finding it, let me know.

LOL!! ..that’s my nephew. :D

I seem to be having trouble finding it so if it wouldn’t be too much trouble, I would greatly appreciate it if I could possibly get CrazyMarlin’s email address? Thank you for all your help. 

Edited by Russ
Added more to my post

1 hour ago, Russ said:

LOL!! ..that’s my nephew. 

If it wouldn’t be too much trouble, I would greatly appreciate it if I could possibly get CrazyMarlin’s email address? 

Sending you a pm with his e-mail.  But, for future reference, you can find it in the STAFF link along the white strip near the top of the home page.  Hover over someone's profile, and their e-mail should appear with other info.

17 hours ago, Russ said:

LOL!! ..that’s my nephew. :D

I seem to be having trouble finding it so if it wouldn’t be too much trouble, I would greatly appreciate it if I could possibly get CrazyMarlin’s email address? Thank you for all your help. 

Heya, Russ!  We were actually notified when you had entered your information on the Legion website.  This morning I sent you an e-mail with the next steps in your application.  Looking forward to seeing you through the process!

• Like 1

Also, we actually have a team of GML's (Garrison Membership Liaison), with Braden and Laryssa working together as needed for local approvals.  Other than that, Ron is absolutely correct, and we can never have too many TK's in the roster.  Braden and Laryssa are both friendly and helpful, so they can guide you through the process.  As long as you are using an existing CRL for your costume, approvals stay local with them (at least for the base approval level).  The more advanced approval levels (2 & 3) might need the detachment's approval, which is likely to take longer.  However, if everything you submit can be approved by the local GML team, they are pretty fast.  :)

Please be patient and remember though that they are volunteers and may have other costumes to approve as well as yours... not to mention work and family responsibilities.    However, it appears that the GML team has already responded. :trooper:

Either way, Russ, Welcome!  :)