Jaehy

How's She Goin' Eh?

Hello, Jason from the great white north is here
I am the Vindicator Squad Leader and Merch Officer for the Canadian Garrison

I live in Windsor ON which is directly south across the river from Detroit MI

I'm thinking of attending a Convention in your area so thought I'd check you guys out

Hello there!

Can’t wait to welcome you, Jason.

Which convention do you plan attending?

2 hours ago, Jaehy said:

Hello, Jason from the great white north is here
I am the Vindicator Squad Leader and Merch Officer for the Canadian Garrison

I live in Windsor ON which is directly south across the river from Detroit MI

I'm thinking of attending a Convention in your area so thought I'd check you guys out

Hey there!  I am from Royal Oak, originally, just a few miles north of Detroit.  Moved here 1.5 years ago.  I visited Ontario every summer, as my grandfather was from Port Elgin - in fact, that is where I first saw the best film ever back in '77!  My trooping was born in the Great Lakes Garrison, but it was just before the pandemic, so I never got to troop in "our home and native land."

And yes, when I was 19, I did indulge in Canada's more relaxed drinking age law... although, I was usually the designated driver.... yes, honestly.  I went to Don Cherry's and Bentley's a couple of times.  Was never a fan of North American beer, aside from a Blue Light, on occasion.  I miss going to Becker's and getting pop in the cans where you pushed the little button hole to release the carbonation, and the larger one to drink it!  Hostess Salt and Vinegar chips (Ketchup or Dill Pickle?  ew!!), and I still put white vinegar (not malt) on my fries!!  And our treat was getting Big Bun pizza while we were there.

Was a huge Wings fan, and my dad and I laughed at how you spell Defense with a C.  (Swede Borje Salming helped pave the way for the greatest defenseman ever, our Lidstrom!)  Grew up watching Hockey Night in Canada on CBC, when the weather was clear enough for our antenna to get a good enough signal.  I am a proud American, but Bob Cole - best hockey play-by-play man, ever!  And one of my final troops in Michigan was at a curling club, so I can say I did that... and it's tougher than it looks.

Let me know when and where you might be trooping.  I live in the Knoxville area, and we have FanBoy Con coming up in early August.  Would love to meet you and chat it up.

Ron

284086899_10224806269797393_7529252209732207416_n.jpg

The Fanboy Con at the beginning of Aug is the one I'm looking at. Never been to Knoxville. 

Wow it's nice to read your post Ron. Giant walk down memories lane. 

1 hour ago, Jaehy said:

The Fanboy Con at the beginning of Aug is the one I'm looking at. Never been to Knoxville. 

Wow it's nice to read your post Ron. Giant walk down memories lane. 

Awesome possum.  I'll be there one day, at least.  Look forward to meeting you  :)

You are more than welcomed to visit us down here.  :)  There will definitely be some troopers there from MidSouth, so you are certainly welcomed to come hang out with us while you are in town and at the convention.  Fanboy Expo is one of the biggest ones we have in Tennessee, so whether you plan on bringing a costume to troop --or just play and relax, you are bound to meet some new friends here.

I'm sure that a few would be delighted to trade swag with you as well, so feel free to bring some from up north if you will be able to do so.  :atat: