Sign in to follow this  
gamerdadplays

Hello from Chapel Hill, Tn

Old dad here, I have always wanted to do a cos-play of vader, I believe I am going to go the RotS route. My son was a make a wish child and would eventually love to give back as others have given to him when he was young. Not sure if I will ever be to the level of 501st certification but it is a long term goal and something to work towards, for now going to take it in strides, I wish I had done my research before buying a few days ago but just got a Black series helmet, finding out today it will not be allowed but maybe down the road I will get one that is. My next next project I am working on getting STL files to start my chest piece and belt boxes, also waiting for my materials to start on the 1st layer black leather suit to arrive.

• Like 2

Hey Stephan, welcome and wish you the best on your Vader build.

Welcome to the group.  Vader is always one of the best characters, and most requested characters, of all... so having another Vader would be great. 

While you are working on builds, you are welcomed to come out and meet the local troopers at many different events...  We can have handlers at several of them, so as long as it is not one of the few restricted events, please feel free to come out and join us while you are building your costume.  I don't have a Vader, but I am certain that it is one of the most complex costumes (RotS or otherwise) and will take time and attention to get right.

One thing you might want to do is consider getting the most basic officer or crewman costume ... or TIE pilot reserve.  Once competed, you could troop with us in that one while you are working on your Vader.  :)  Once you get your Vader approved, you can still use the crewman/officer costume when you need a break from Vader or for variety.   As long as they are each approved, you are not limited to one.  Granted, once you get your Vader, you will probably default to that one, but you'd still have the extra option.

We have at least one active Vader, but each of them can't make every event.  It helps to have more than one... just not at the exact same event (unless they alternate who is Vader at one time).  You might be able to touch base with some of them for guidance.  :vader1: