Sign in to follow this  
Schmidt

Looking to be a new member.

Hello all,

My name is Rod Schmidt. I've live in Clarksville TN. I saw you at the local Toys R Us one weekend and have wanted to be a part of your outfit ever since. I was in the military for 14 years and am now in school to be a paramedic. I would like to build cpt rex or a stormtrooper armor for my first build and I look forward to the challenge. I look forward to meeting you all.

Rod Schmidt,

EMT IV

Welcome, Rod. :)

While I haven't toured the Australian Garrison, it's a safe bet that you've stumbled into the best. Great and helpful group of people here.

Cheers~

welcome aboard.

I would highly recomend going with the TK for your first. You can build that in a couple spare weekends, or an afternoon if you have a cse of beer for Loki. A clone is a very hard, long term project. I know they look similar from the outside, but there is a big difference in the build.

Skip can help you with a TK kit.

I'm in Clarksville as well along with several over members. Maybe you could come over to my pad soon..I've got 2 other local guys working on suits right now (Death Star Trooper/ Scout trooper and another guy is working on a Bossk.)

from what ive heard.. ;) ... the new TK suits are almost ready.a few upgrades to the molds have been made.they will look about the same but have more plastic along the edges for all the big boys that need to shim the legs and waist areas,(unlike those skinny somebitches clutch and diddy :) )

and yea,a TK is about the easiest costume to assemble and lets face it,chicks dig the armor,or at least thats what all the TKs say :P

So it sounds like TK armor should be my first from what you all say. So where should I start? Meeting with some of you sounds great, I can even bring the beer. :-) Should I start looking at a Master Replica helmet or is that part of the build as well?

Hey Rod, welcome! From what I have heard, I think the new FX kit (that Skip mentioned above) will come with a helmet, but I am not 100% sure. You can look at purchasing an MR helmet if you want to, or wait and see if you like the FX helmet.

So it sounds like TK armor should be my first from what you all say. So where should I start? Meeting with some of you sounds great, I can even bring the beer. :-) Should I start looking at a Master Replica helmet or is that part of the build as well?

In the last PM I shared with the armor maker, the bucket is included and will be re-designed. When the kits are ready I am sure skip will have more updated information. Unless you are just jonesing for a reason to buy a bucket, I would hold off if you want to save the $$.