Burgan

Hello from Cookeville, TN

My name is Braxton Burgan. Right now I have no affliations to the 501st or any other costuming group. I am located in Cookeville, TN, but I actually live just outside of Baxter. I learned about MSG when I was looking into joining the 501st. Also, contacting the MSG was suggested by several members of whitearmor.net forum. I original sent the CO J Walker of MSG an e-mail about helping me find armor to help me get into the 501st and MSG. Basically, I don't have any armor right now. I would like to get a set of ANH armor, but I would like to mod it to be a Sandtrooper armor. I hope that I can find all the help I need on here and can't wait to join your ranks.

Thanks.

Burgan,

You actually sent it to me, Im the current CO <_<

As to armor, Ill PM you as we have someone here in the garrison that can help you big time with that.

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum and hopefully soon to the MSG Family.

Please do not hesitate to message me if you need anything. We are all here to help.

Also you can get involved before you have armor. We generally need handlers, people to be the eyes for the costumed people when out in public. Also many times we will bring extra costumes for people who dont have theirs done yet.

Again welcome to the family and I look forward to trooping with you soon someday.

Whoops I meant to put GML. I sent a e-mail to you, Corey and GML J Walker. J Walker was the one that suggested I join the forum. Also, GML J Walker suggested I try to get in contact with someone named Skip.

Welcome!

I'm a recent addition myself and I also live in Cookeville.

My name is Braxton Burgan. Right now I have no affliations to the 501st or any other costuming group. I am located in Cookeville, TN, but I actually live just outside of Baxter. I learned about MSG when I was looking into joining the 501st. Also, contacting the MSG was suggested by several members of whitearmor.net forum. I original sent the CO J Walker of MSG an e-mail about helping me find armor to help me get into the 501st and MSG. Basically, I don't have any armor right now. I would like to get a set of ANH armor, but I would like to mod it to be a Sandtrooper armor. I hope that I can find all the help I need on here and can't wait to join your ranks.

Thanks.

wow I guess Jonathans already CO. No need in an election then. <_<:lol: Im kidding, just kidding. I couldnt resist. :P

Welcome!!! You need to make it down to Connooga it's going to be great!

yea that Skip dude is a real tool..be careful of his "douchbaggery" :lol:

ill post this out in public for any other new recruits looking at armor

1)you are quite literally in the best garrison for making pretty much any costume out there.our contacts for every kind of armor are rock solid.you want it,you can get it.

2)because of this,attempting to make your own molds and armor is a complete waste of time and resources.you CAN NOT reproduce what we already have available,simply put.

lastly ,the cost of this hobby is usually under-estimated.to build ANY suit to get into this hobby will cost you $700,yes $700. by the time you buy the armor for a TK then add boots,gloves,neckseal and blaster,its 700.

some people think they will do a biker scout and it will be cheaper..nope..though there are less armor parts there are all the soft goods that have to be made or purchased,again,youll spend around 700 to it put together.

why am i saying this ?

because i have at any given time 1-5 people "wanting" armor and of those,hardly anyone ever gets it.most people get excited then see the realistic cost and dont go through with it.

this hobby ROCKS!, but so does most any other hobby to the people participating. Whether you play golf, fish,shoot or fly RC airplanes..your gonna drop some cash.

so,with that said i recommend this first and foremost.COME TO AN EVENT and be a handler-helper.see the armor,help put it on someone,watch how it fits,see first hand the in-ability to sit down or use the bathroom(unless you one of our few lucky bastards that can actually do that <_< ).

TK armor is the absolute staple of the legion,you simply can not deny how awesome a group of TKs together are!

and you should also PM Vittaro on the forums,he is from cookeville.then PM Ronnie,he is in crossville.thatll give you some contacts close.

I live about 1 hour from ya,so im not far,then again,most of the garrison is only about 2-3 hours from each other.

hopefully you are still interested in checking this crazy thing,as i usually say to newbies

"Welcome to the jungle"

wow I guess Jonathans already CO. No need in an election then. <_<:lol: Im kidding, just kidding. I couldnt resist. :P

Braxton, welcome to the forums. Glad to see you made it here. Everyone has given you some really great advice. And finally....thanks for the promotion, lol! :P

Greetings

What is connooga you ask? Connooga is a multi-fandom convention held on February 19-21, 2010, at the Chattanooga Choo Choo many of us will be in costume and there will be a fun time by all. A perfect time to ask questions and meet other members. If you cannot make it all 3 days come by there is also day passes avaliable.

http://www.connooga.com

Welcome Braxton, as others have said come on out to an event and meet everyone. That's the best way to get started.

Greetings

What is connooga you ask? Connooga is a multi-fandom convention held on February 19-21, 2010, at the Chattanooga Choo Choo many of us will be in costume and there will be a fun time by all. A perfect time to ask questions and meet other members. If you cannot make it all 3 days come by there is also day passes avaliable.

http://www.connooga.com

Yeah what he said...

Welcome Braxton!

I'll be at Connooga, but not all of us will be in armor "most" of the time... I personally will be having fun "other" ways... LOL

I'll be at ConNooga as well, but I doubt I'll have my snowtrooper done by then. Might borrow Ryan's Tusken Raider for a bit, though. Are there any 501st-specific events going on (other than the party) that I would miss out on if I didn't bring a Star Wars costume?

We (Ryan, Essay and I) are probably coming down early Saturday morning and staying until Sunday.

Skip- Yeah, looking into the money doesn't make me run for the hills. I've spent a good bit of money in my other hobbie, my truck. I'll just have to find a good set for me. I think most people have recommend FX armor and a few say AP or a few FX new variants. Also, thanks for letting me know who is around me.

Connooga would be fun to go. If I am able to make it though I probably won't come down until Saturday, maybe just for that day. Is the Chatt Squad going to have a booth there, or how will I know its you guys?

The Midsouth Garrison will have a table there and yes there will be members of the Mos Nooga Squad around some of us will be costume; however, we are a band of brothers in the Mid South Garrison so the only way to ask who is in the squad is to ask. However, we all will be honored to help you on your service to the Empire.

BTW We have a Meet the Star Wars Fan Groups panel on Saturday the 20th, at 11AM-12PM. This will be a good time to ask questions if you want to be a part of any of the SW Fan Groups.

I'll be seeing you guys at ConNooga. I'll also be bringing my younger brother who is into star wars, though I think that he would rather be a jedi than a stormtrooper or sith.

usually our guys can be located by looking for either a) a black tshirt with a 501st logo or B) a cool refreshing alcoholic beverage in hand. :P

if you go around the room partys, simply walk in and ask"wheres the 501st at?", normally youll get a decent answer,or if its really late,youll be asked to leave cause one of our people did something stupid and got in trouble ;):D;)

Skippy, did the new FX armor kit get done? I have not talked to my armor contact for a couple years; i have no idea what's going on. If it is, the new FX will be the way to go in my book,,,, unless your one of those FISD fashist. ;)