Sign in to follow this  
Dar Kyram

Oya from Kentucky!

Well, hi there. I'm Darryl, but I'm known as The Skull King or Dar Kyram on the boards these days. I'm currantly an active member of the Mando Mercs Costuming Club, and I've just recently been stationed in Ft. Knox, Kentucky.

I've known about the 501st for some time, and actually it was the concept of the 501st and Rebel Legion's costuming that got me started, and eventually how I found my way to the Mando Mercs to make my Mandalorian costume.

I'm here on your boards now because I'm just reaching out to the bigger community of costumers, because where I'm from in Northern Nevada, there wasn't anyone, of any of the three big Star Wars costuming groups, to associate with other than me and my friends. And of that group, I'm the only one to have finished my armor and gotten to troop (at the San Diego Comic Con '09).

So hopefully I'll be able to get to know some of you here in Kentucky. I'm signing up with Rebel Legion as well for the same purpose. ...And because I plan on eventually making a Corran Horn costume someday, but that's down the road.

Anyway, this is me!

You by chance going to ConGlom next weekend? I'm hoping to troop, I'm just waiting for all my stuff to get here from Nevada. It's taking them three weeks! If I could have afford it, I could have driven across the country and back with all my stuff faster. Oh well.

I'm hoping my armor gets here safe and soundly. I have to replace the visor because it's crap light-green tint with a rush job of window tint applied on it the night before SDCC. It's horrible under flash... I've been hunting for decent cutting shields with tint, but no one has any that isn't all clear. I may have to tough it out, buy a clear shield and cut it out and do a darker window tint to my visor and hope it works for next weekend.

Hi Darryl,

Welcome aboard. I used to be stationed at Ft Knox, that was a while ago. :D

Check out the upcoming events section, there are some events in your part of the garrison on the horizon.

I look forward to meeting you.

Thanks, FallenJedi! So you used to be here, huh? I like it. I'm enjoying it alot so far. It's a far change from the deserts I've grown up in.

Welcome Darryl!

Welcome Darryl!

Thanks for the welcome!

Hey, I gotta know... how or where did you get the pauldron for your clone? I really want to improve on the costume I have, and although my pauldron works for its intent, it's not as good as I'd like it to be.

Thanks for the welcome!

Hey, I gotta know... how or where did you get the pauldron for your clone? I really want to improve on the costume I have, and although my pauldron works for its intent, it's not as good as I'd like it to be.

Go to Clonetroopers.net and search the membership for General Fidelis. Great guy and he does an awesome job.

im diggin the mando,nice work.

not going to conglom,but a large faction of us will be at Wonderfest in may.

be there!

Greetings Darryl,

K-Fett here, Welcome to the boards, good to see you here, like Skip said bunch of us is going to WONDERFEST In May, hopefully you can make it.

Welcome to the id south Garrison i'm just down the road from you in Elizabethtown.

Hey, just outta curiosity... I was told there was a Mandalorian/Boba Fett selection in the forums? I'm pretty restricted from everything, being I'm not a 501st member... But I just wanted to know where can I find, like, the general topics and discussion boards.

Hey Darryl, we do have an MSG Mandalorians section, but it is restricted to MSG members only. I think the last postings that took place were around June or July of this year. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Hey Daryl glad you found the MSG boards. Hey guys this guys is a totally awesome guy and a great person.