Sign in to follow this  
Loki

Meet and Shoot - June 12, 2010- Manchester, TN

Gonna post this over here for any in-progress people who aren't full members yet and can't see the member's section.

Saturday, June 12th, we will be getting together for a day of shooting things, and fun.

Many members own firearms, but we've never had a get-together and shoot day. So, we shall now make that happen.

We will meet at the Wal Mart in Manchester, TN off I-24 at 11:30 AM, June 12, 2010. That's a Saturday. Inside the Wal-Mart you will be able to buy targets, ammo, bottled water, snacks, whatever you need.

Address:

Wal Mart

2518 Hillsboro Road,

Manchester, TN?

From there we will caravan to the range. It's about 10 miles away.

Here's address:

Viola Valley Shooting Range

742 Fibelkorn Road

Morrison, TN

Everyone who wishes to come, post here. I need to get a pretty accurate count by the week before, so I can let the range know how many of us are coming. Also, if you have anything you would be willing to let people try out, post what it is, and what caliber.

If you want to try someone's toy, please buy ammo before hand. Ammo is expensive, don't show up and expect somebody to let you blow through a box of .45 ACP, it's $38 per 100!

I will bring plenty of ammo, so if you don't want to buy before hand, just bring some money. 7.62X39 for the AKs runs about $15 per 20 at Wal Mart, but I use Russian Surplus, and I've got a lot, so I'll let you blow through a mag of 30 for $5. Hell, I'll be nice. Everybody gets half a mag free! Everybody should shoot an AK at least once!

I'll even teach you to do this:

Ok, here's what Hollie and I will be bringing, and the Calibers:

Romanian AK-47: 7.62X39

Russian AK-103 Saiga: 7.62X39

GSG-5 (MP-5 clone): .22LR

Remington 870 12 ga: 12 guage shells, 2.75 or 3 inch

Sears breach-loading .410 shotgun: 410 guage shotgun shells

Ruger Mark III semi-auto pistol: .22LR

RIA 1911 semi-auto pistol: .45ACP (NOT .45 COLT!!!)

Beretta 92FS semi-auto pistol: 9mm Luger/Parabellum/NATO

Thompson 1927 A-1: .45ACP

After we shoot, we eat! Plenty of places back in Manchester.

There's a lot more info in the member's section, if anyone has any questions, PM me. I'll give you the scoop.

This IS NOT a 501st or Garrison event, so it's open to anyone. Post if you wish to come, and what you will bring. For prospective members, we may even talk about armor and stuff. I may throw on the Stormtrooper and blow something up. Always wanted to get myself on film in full armor shooting the AK...

* This event is not sponsored or endorsed by the 501st Legion, The MidSouth Garrison or any member of Command Staff...

I'm there and will bring money. I want to shoot the AK in TK as well... Sounds like FUN!!!!!

Oh, don't forget the ear plugs (purchased at Walmart as well)

Oh, don't forget the ear plugs (purchased at Walmart as well)

And glasses. Eye protection and hearing protection are required. And, as it turns out, pretty neccessary if you ever want to hear again.

For those of you who have never fired a gun before, THEY DO NOT SOUND LIKE THEY DO ON TV OR IN MOVIES!

I lost an ear plug once while shooting the AK... I NEVER forget to check my plugs before pulling the trigger now.

Wal-Mart sells the squishy ear plugs and safety glasses so we should all be able to be well supplied.

I'll try to make it up there! Been wanting to for a while.

I'll bring these along:

Yugo AK-47 7.62 (need to break her in)

AR-15 5.56/.223

Glock19 9mm

Sig 229 .40s/w

6-Shooter .45 Colt

I'll try to make it up there! Been wanting to for a while.

I'll bring these along:

Yugo AK-47 7.62 (need to break her in)

AR-15 5.56/.223

Glock19 9mm

Sig 229 .40s/w

6-Shooter .45 Colt

I'm sorry, the guy doesn't allow hand grenades on his range.

I'm just kidding Gooshy! I have actually fired a Glock recently. And i lived.

Make sure to put the exact caliber down. Don't want somebody to show up wanting to shoot your 9mm Glock and load it up with 9mm makarov, or bring 7.62X54 for the AK. Don't laugh... I've seen it.

Just a side note, and this may be a little overly cautious, but this is on the public side of the forum. I would caution everyone about listing the firearms you own on this thread. If you have questions about what to bring, PM Loki, or do it on the thread in the members only section. Just my $.02, thanks.

I don't own any firearms... lost all of them in a boating accident.

On a side note, I'll ride over with Diddy or he can ride with me.

I'll be there if I can. I only have my airsoft gun at the house. Don't laugh. I'll buy ammo or can pay you.

Gooshy! Sweetpea! Diddy! Clutch!!

I guess I got get over there too!!!

I see where Jonathan is coming from... THE MAN may be watching. I'm on a couple of firearms forums under the same user name, my stuff is no secret, so I don't care. But some of you may be hesitant to post your toys on a public board. No problem, just post if you want to come, and hit me with a PM of what you're bringing, and if you're going to let others shoot your stuff. I'll keep a list in the private thread and make a post before the day about what calibers are needed.

I'm pretty sure if you bring some 9mm, some 45ACP, some .223 and some 7,62X39, you can shoot just about anything you want.

Come on new guys... don't be shy. this would be a good chance to get out and meet some people. You don't even have to shoot, you can just hang out.

Hey Jonathan, you wanna have a Garrison meet-up thing like you guys did last month? Say about 5 o'clock, in Manchester? I can reserve the big room at the local China Hutt or Shoneys.

I'll be there if I can. I only have my airsoft gun at the house. Don't laugh. I'll buy ammo or can pay you.

Bring some Airsoft. Seriously. I'll buy a jug of BB's. Airsoft is good to start somebody off on who hasn't shot before. Start with airsoft, move to .22, then 9mm, ect. By the end of the day we'll have 'em doing a mag-dump with the Tommy Gun.

I think the feds have something on Loki and he's here to gather intel on who has what, etc. We're all going to show up and black helicopters will swoop in and take us all to a secret prison camp in Alaska.

On a side note, I need some time behind my 12ga. I've been neglecting it for awhile.

Hey Jonathan, you wanna have a Garrison meet-up thing like you guys did last month? Say about 5 o'clock, in Manchester? I can reserve the big room at the local China Hutt or Shoneys.

Absolutely, that is an excellent idea.

Absolutely, that is an excellent idea.

Manchester is right about the half-way point between Nashville and Chattanooga. Should allow a few more to attend from north and south. Throw up a thread, see if anybody's interested, and I'll call and make a reservation somewhere. I guess it would be a dinner, and not a lunch this time.

Maybe those that don't care for guns and don't want to shoot can come meet up with the rest of us for dinner after.

Alright, I've talked to several people who are confirmed for this, looks like a pretty good turnout. You new guys and gals don't be shy, step up and shoot me a PM if you're nervous about posting on the baord. Anybody's welcome.

Going this Saturday to practice a little and talk to the old man that runs the range about the 12th, want to give him some idea of how many are coming. So far I know of 12 for sure, and 5 who are tentative.

Details...

Meet at Wal Mart in Manchester, TN between 11 and 12 o'clock. Exit 114 off I-24. Bob is bringing a grill, I will be bringing some meat to throw on there. Everybody bring a small cooler and drinks of your choice. There's a bathroom there, but no soda machine, and it's a bit of a drive to the store.

After the shoot, we will head up I-24 about 15 miles to The Outpost Armory, a nice gun store that I shop at a bit. They are having an open house with the Remington reps that day. They are doing demos, showing new products and giving away free stuff.

Around 7:30 we will head to the Drive-In in Decherd, to catch a movie. A-Team, anyone?

Don't expect Jester and The Average Joe.

As much as we'd like to show up and play, the leashes have been attached and anchored securely.

Edited by The Average Joe

Ok chuckleheads, final details...

Anybody coming from the South or West can meet us at my house Saturday morning about 10AM. Anybody coming from Chattanooga or Knoxville or straight down I-24 should meet us at Wal Mart in Manchester around 11:30 Address is somewhere in the thread for Wal Mart, but it's I-24 exit 114. My house is 309 rolling Road, Shelbyville, TN.

If you haven't picked up ammo before hand, this Wal Mart is always well stocked with everything we will be shooting. Except 8mm. If ya wanna shoot Tech's boom stick, you'll have to find some 8mm. A gun shop is the best bet. We will proceed to the range from the Wal-Mart.

When we get there, stay in a line and pull behind me. the old man will come out for money. It's $6 per adult shooter. He doesn't charge for kids.

Before we shoot, we will have a little "class" for those who haven't shot before. Range rules, firearm safty, ect. And answer any questions.

After shooting, we will grab a bite. Cheap, BK or McD's or something. Around 7PM a group of us are going to the Montana Drive In http://www.montanadrivein.com/ for a movie. Probably The A-Team. 3 screens to choose from, and you can wander around from screen-to-screen.

Those who wish, may crash at my house that night.

My number, for those who don't have it: 931-588-1112. On your way Saturday, call and let me know you're coming, so we don't leave anybody behind. Anyone who wants to come Friday night and crash on my floor with my friendly kitty cats can, just call and arrange it.

For those that can't make it this time, we'll do another get-together every month as weather permits. Next one will be in July.

I was hoping to make it to this. I have always wanted to fire a thompson :)

But I am heading up to Metropolis on Saturday and won't be back til late, then I am off the Belcourt for the Rocky Horror Picture Show at midnight. If anything changes though, I will be there ;) Have fun