Sign in to follow this  
The Digital Jedi

Newbie sorta

My name is Jason Kittrell and I live in Hendersonville, TN. I am not currently affiliated with any costuming groups at all, but I have been doing horror makeup and costuming for years now. I love dressing up (usually in some sorta horror costume or makeup) and currently work both as a Microsoft instructor and scareactor for a local haunted house (during the season of course)

I have been going to Dragon*Con for 18 years now. I was so inspired by seeing all the cool Star Wars costumes there that I bought a stormtrooper costume off EBay a few years ago. Unfortunatly, I also put on some pounds and now I cannot get the costume to fit the way I would like it to. That is the whole reason I have not joined the 501st yet.

I am hoping to change that. I have been emailing Skip for a while and trying to see if we can get together and work on this. Great guy (and has an awesome Iron Man costume to boot).

I have read about all the gresat charitable giving that you guys do and I want to be a part of it. I am a very outgoing person and wat to do all I can for my fellow man. I hope to someday soon join your ranks :rolleyes:

Thanks for listening.

Jay

Jay, welcome and I am glad you found us. I live pretty close to you (in Goodlettsville). Skip is a wealth of knowledge and a great guy. As far as the weight gain, I have been there. A lot of us have become more health conscious and have started some type of workout/fitness program. Personally, I am doing P90X, which has worked for me as well as other folks in the garrison. If you are interested, let me know. I hope to see you at an event sometime soon.

Thanks for all the welcomes and well wishes. I actually have the P90X videos as well as Insanity and was going to start on those. But I want to get a little bit more healthy before I work on those. I have moved from 265 in Decemeber down to 238 as of last night. My goal is 200 by Dragon*Con, which is what I was before I started working 3rd shift (and if anyone tells you 3rd shift is like any other shift, punch them in the nose).

I am also working on a Repo mask for the movie Repo: The Genetic Opera. I have a full coat already thanks to some help from the guy who made the one for the movie, but the mask is a real pain.

Welcome aboard Jason.

Quite a few of us live close by you in Hendersonville, Gallatin, Goodlettsville and Nashville.

Feel free to come out to any event, we always need handlers and that is a great way to meet us, introduce yourself and see us in action.

Don't trust skip, he likes to hold people down and tickles them till they pee

Don't trust skip, he likes to hold people down and tickles them till they pee

On their shoes.

That's right, don't trust Skip's shoes either.

wow,i can feel the love! :)

actually,unless your really heavy around the middle area(like most guys) your size shouldnt be near that much of a problem for Tk armor.ive seen much heavier wear it because the clamshell effect pulls it in nice.

if im not mistaken jay needs some help assembling the armor.so id agree with Don, you need to come to an event and help out.bring a camera and watch someone put their armor on.take pics and youll get a ton of info with that alone.

oh,and if you wanna come hang out with a large group and see alot of different costumes,come to Wonderfest in Louisville this weekend,weve got quite a few of us riding up.

Just tell me where and when and I am there :)

I'd say check out our 'Upcoming Events' section to see whats happening in the area. If you're working with Skip on your armor I'm sure he'll keep you informed about events you can attend.

you need to come to an event and help out.bring a camera and watch someone put their armor on.take pics and

I think this quote says it all :)

Yeah. I am just a little more than I should be around the middle. But i have lost 27 lbs since the last time i tried, so this might be interesting. I think coming and seeing how everyone else puts on the armor will help emensly. Plus I am missing a couple of pieces (hand guards and the pack that goes on the small of the back) but I am sure I can either buy those or get help making them.

I have subscribed to the Events forums just to ensure I know what is going on. I would love to go to that con this weekend, but I am not sure if my gf would be ok with it...lol. Got to avoid the lady aggro :)