DecibelSword

Initial Forum Post

My real name is David Mills and I live in beautiful Knoxville, TN out near Knoxville Center (East Town) Mall. I work at one of the coolest places in the world, and probably the coolest place to work in Tennessee: Fountainhead College of Technology. The President is - like me - a geek. He uses part of the marketing budget to purchase Star Wars costumes and he has a full-size R2-D2 (http://ecampus.fountainheadcollege.com/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=2782). I occasionally get to chauffeur/chaperone R2, which I recently was able to at Sci-Fi City in the mall (http://www.sci-fi-city.com/knoxville.htm). Since then he has purchased the Boba Fett Supreme Edition for me to wear to outings and indirectly got me in touch with Drax (TS-1620; http://www.501stlegion.org/members/displaymember.php?userID=2460&costumeID=3) who recommended the site. I am really excited about the 501st, especially the service side of it. I can "borrow" the Boba costume (and probably some of our other costumes) but I really look forward to crafting my own persona and gear.

I am currently working and going to school, but I look forward to graduating in August and putting more time into the 501st. Anytime anybody can simply use an extra set of hands please feel free to let me know and I will do it if I can. My work number is (865) 688-9422 Ext. 118. I hope to participate in events this Fall such as the Tennessee Autism Walk.

I look forward to meeting everybody!

David, welcome to the boards! Come on out to an event and hang out with us.

Welcome! Tell your boss to get on here as well. As anyone here can tell you, when R2 shows up at an event, he gets all the love. :(

David, welcome to the boards! Come on out to an event and hang out with us.

It may be too late, but I would like to help out any way I might be able to with Adventure Con this weekend! The quickest way to get ahold of me is email me at david.mills@fountainheadcollege.com if I can be of service.

Is Richard Rackley (your college president) involved with the R2 Builders Club?

Is Richard Rackley (your college president) involved with the R2 Builders Club?

I asked and he said that the Builders club is where he got started with R2 years ago. Since then he has gotten so busy that it made more sense to buy our full-size than try to build it. He was involved in the Builders Club using the Fountainhead name rather than his own.