Sign in to follow this  
Opfor

Greetings

Hi,

My name is Mike Greene and I live in Loudon Tn. I met Tambo a year ago at Ft. Campbell and he was the first to explain to me about what it was to be in the 501st. Between my job and military deployments I'm just now getting the time to look into this more. I'm very interested in joining as a sandtrooper and I know there is a lot of equipment and kits that I will need to purchase. Can anyone direct me to the best place to purchase an armor kit to get started?

Thx

For the sandtrooper, your best bet is to head over to the Mos Eisley Police Department, over at forum.mepd.net, sign up to their forums as well, and lurk around and read up on the costume. The search function will be your best friend early on, and don't be afraid to PM people over there and ask about their costumes (TD-1536, aka Mike H, would probably be the best person to ask over there).

Mike Glad to see you on the board. PM our member Skip for Stormtrooper Armor. The new kits come with the parts needed to make a Sandtrooper or Stormtrooper. Maybe you can make a few events and meet some of the troopers.

PLease stay away from E-bay..we can help you get everything you need.

Hope you make it to Campbell again soon.

Welcome aboard Mike, I look forward to meeting you.

As others have suggested mepd.net is the best place to start.

You are welcome to join us at any event as a handler and just hang out and get to know us.

Mike, welcome! You have already been given some great advice. The MEPD is a great source to build your sandtrooper. I used it when I built mine, and they have a wealth of knowledge there. If you have any questions, feel free to let us know. Looking forward to meeting you soon.

Awesome, thanks for the replies guys and the welcome. I will definitely stay clear of ebay, heard enough horror stories from there on this. Looking forward to getting started on this and would love to come out and see an event if it works out.